20121215.jpg

pugh-the-special-one said:
lindyhop66 said:
Bartmann High Class 15/16 NOS
H.I.S. synthetic brush
Omega Shave Soap
Master Bay Rum
Razorrock XXX

Great looking razor, and a square point as well, would love to have that one in my collection.

Jamie

I was very lucky in finding that razor. I have only seen 3 or 4 others for sale on ebay starting at $399 to $499 USD. I paid much less than that. It's my favorite razor out of 90 some, so far.

I got mine from an antique consignment mall from a guy who had been collecting since the 1970s. Everything he has for sale has been NOS or mint and shave ready out of the box. The Bartmann has been going for many shaves with just stropping and spotless still.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
frankenrazor created with my long Weber handle and a LT NEW head/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Floris 'Santal' EdT

Been years since last using a NEW type of any kind and the continued talk about em finally got to me. Sheesh.

Not a razor I could use very often because of the need to pay attention to detail and to go slower than usual. More bite than I prefer, but still one of the more comfortable OC types. Yeah, I can see how these things would be very popular with most people. Very nice for a change of pace.

BBS results,

Martin

Sat 15th Dec

Hot shower
Hot face flannel
Nannys Warm spice hard soap in Steve Woodhead scuttle
Simpsons polo 10 best badger brush
Merkur 15c open comb razor
Gillette 7 oclock green (1)
Cold splash to finish

An OK shave my new 15c is very mild took me ages to get anything like smooth. :icon_frown:
Even milder than my EJ DE87 which I'm back to tomorrow. :icon_rolleyes:

Good evening, gentlemen.

Pre: Nivea Face Wash, Hot Flannel, White Proraso Pre/Post
Soap: MWF
Brush: Duke 3 Best
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Post: Alum, Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm

Ready to take on whatever the evening might bring...

Back
Top Bottom