Gillette Fat Handled Tech (English)
Supermax SS (2)
Simpson's "Wee Scott"
Palmolive Soap Stick

Nivea ASB
Forest Fresh AS

Three pass, face lather.

Very good shave indeed.

The Palmolive Soap stick ought to be compulsory for "new" shavers. Always a perfect lather and a top performance...and the smell is what you would imagine an archetypal barber's shop would be.

In any event, I hope you all get what you want out of the New Year. Watch your drinking - have one for me!

:angel:

morning all,

glycerin soap wash
WARS shaving soap
isana boar brush
fatip piccolo
lazer blade (1)
alum
witch hazel
boots freshwood balm

first shave in 4 days so the lazer had a bit of work to do but combined with the fatip it chomped right through the impending beard. the lazer gets a bit of stick on this site but i always find it a decent performer. my next 6 - 12 shaves will be using this set up but with the chinese blades provided by demusss in the chinese blade PIF2 so i wanted to set a bench mark. bloody good shave.

happy new year!

Greetings

Monday 31st December 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Lea Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Wilkinson Sword Sensitive Balm

As near to a perfect shave as it's possible to get.

The Lea sticks with Lanolin and Glycerine are superb performers but smell only of soap, the smell reminds me of the old sunlight soap my mother used to rub on shirt collars before washing them!

Regards and a happy new year (just heard on the radio that it already is in Samoa)
Dick.

Tobs lemon and lime cream
Astra blue (3)
Mergess Xl set on 3.5 then 2.5 xtg&atg
Alum, shave doctor moisturiser and prof blights scaramouche as to finish ( think ill be buying a bottle of this as I really like the scent.
Need a lighter touch under my chin as a small patch of irritation but other than that a near bbs shave

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Vie-Long silvertip
Razor: C V Heljestrand (seemed like an appropriate blade today)
Cream: Simpson
AS: Proraso
Edt: Pehaligon's Castile
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

This brush's my favorite cream brush¨with the loveliest soft tips :D happy new year everyone!!
0021024x6802-1_zps5758350c.jpg

Gillette Fusion ProGlide (4)
Edwin Jagger Black badger
La Toja soap stick

I'll continue with this set-up until next weekend, and with this cartridge for as long as I can bear. Wearing Penhaligon's Endymion today from a sample... if only it were an edt or even edp. It fades to a skin scent within no time at all.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade
Morris & Forndran stubby 2XL
Proraso Red Sandalwood cream (New Formula)
Witch Hazel
Surrati Tom Aoud

Last shave of the year. The Proraso red wasn't as slick as I was expecting the first time I used it but I put it down to user error, no such problems this time and I'm smoooooth.

Happy New Year Folks!

Truefitt and Hill Sandalwood shaving cream
Progress on 1.5, 1
ST or TS (?) Super Stainless
Ri Mei 1875 Platinum
TOBS Shaving Shop a/s

The first blade tugged and managed one pass (just) before becoming blunt. Binned. The Ri Mei Platinum was better - not super sharp but very smooth and finished the job well.
Like the T&H Sandalwood. Nice classy smell and lathers very well from a small amount.

Monday:

La Toja cream
Omega Silvertip
Artist Club SS
Pro Guard Blade
Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar AS

Haven't shaved for a couple of days so had a fair bit of stubble to clear. No problems for the Feather. Super smooth and pure luxury. Totally BBS.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
1959 Fatboy/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (cold overcast day here, which made me think of wearing this oakmoss/patchouli frag).

BBS results,

Martin

Monday 12-31-12. MUSIC: Jethro Tull_LP Thick as a Brick.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9JEPeeohYs[/video]

Afeitado_2012-12-312_zps1f4d858f-1_zpsab051336.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rodney Neep soapstone extra silvertip - Feather all stainless - Israeli Personna #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream The Art of Shaving Sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Geo F. Trumpers Skin Food Sandalwood - ASL Honeybee Gardens Sandalwood.

Happy new year. :cool:

Monday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS
Omega 49
Proraso Aloe & Vit E (Blue) Cream
Proraso Aloe & Vit E ASB

Nice and smooth. First run with the new Proraso cream and I'm surprised how well it worked with the Omega 49 which I usually find difficult with creams.

Hot towel
Proraso Pre, menthol
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
New Forest Tubby 1 brush
Gillette Slim (#4), Gillette 7 O'clock SP blue (1)
Cold splash
Alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

First go with MWF (and first go with hard soap)... it lathered like a dream and behaved impeccably. I'm a fan!

Very smooth!

Back
Top Bottom