S.O.T.D Sat 29th Dec - Fri 4th Jan

Prep: Hot Shower & Proraso Pre/post
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Merkur 37c - Polisilver
Cream: DR Harris - Windsor

Not very often I break out the slant but there really is nothing like it in terms of mowing down a weeks growth in one pass. Lovely two pass shave

[attachment=6272]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356769425.203322.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356769425.203322.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 83

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob
Semogue 830
Palmolive Classic Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel
Montale Black Aoud

A lovely shave this morning and off to town in a bit for a look around.

I dunno where to post now, you posted before the other thread starter :( ...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rod Neep coffee bean brush
Razor: Dubl Duck made by PUMA
Cream: Vulfix English Rose
AS: Floris, Elite
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

0181024x725.jpg

Geo F. Trumpers limes shaving cream (trying to use the last vestiges of this cream so I can use the pot for a soap puck)
Wilkinson Sword FX Diamond cartridge
Edwin Jagger tortoiseshell boar
Superdrug Forest Fresh a/s

Decent, close shave. A little 'scrapey' compared to DEs but needed a very quick shave today and the result as pretty good.

sotd291212.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
MWF soap scuttle lathered
Simpsons 59 brush
Weber shiny head razor bulldog handle
Voskhod blade (1)
Cold rinse

Comfortable shave. First time out with the Weber delivered in the post today lovely :icon_biggrin: its heavier than most of my other razors so I was extra careful. The Voskhod is a new blade for me sharp and smooth I'm liking these Russian blades. The wool fat soap lovely and warm lather.

Brian

Good afternoon all.

Wasn't sure which if the two SOTW threads to post in, so chose the first one started.

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, White Proraso Pre/Post, Hot Flannel
Cream: TOBS Jermyn St
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Weber POL
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (4)
Post: Alum, Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm and a spritz of TOBS Jermyn St A/S

Just like Brian (782sirbrian above), this was my first shave with newly arrived Polished Head Weber with Bulldog Handle. Slight adjustment to technique is needed but overall very pleased with the result. Very close, comfortable shave.

T & H Pre Shave Oil & Hot Towel
Murdock Avalon Shave Cream
Semogue 1305
Filarmonica 12 SubCero
Speick ASB
Penhaligons Juniper Sling

It was do or die time for this razor today, I have honed it 4 times previously and been frustrated with the shaves.
After the last shave I found the edge had crumbled near the toe:(
Today I put my heart and sole into honing this, I added an extra layer of tape and bingo I nailed it!
2 pass shave, it went through bristles like a Filly should. Lovely and smooth & the edge has held good. I am very happy today:D

Today's shave

GEM Micromatic
GEM Blade
NSS Arabian Nights

Result BSS WTG

I love these Yankee words "Micromatic" on my Gibson guitar I've got a "tuneOmatic"bridge, I wonder if in the 50s a Lady of the night was called a "shagomatic"?

Prep - Hot Towel, Palmolive S/S
Razor - Muhle '11 R41
Blade - Astra S/P
Brush - 'Jade' (Rooney 2XL 'Jade')
Soap – Mike's Unscented
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ Musgo Real

my final shave of 2012 was an absolute joy... 'Jade' laid the foundations with Mike's Unscented, and the R41 provided an effortless BBS shave …. bliss!! ;)

John said:
Today's shave

GEM Micromatic
I love these Yankee words "Micromatic" on my Gibson guitar I've got a "tuneOmatic"bridge, I wonder if in the 50s a Lady of the night was called a "shagomatic"?

From the Chicago father/son pitchmen team, we have the Popeil Veg-O- Matic, the start of em all. I remember the commercials from when I was a kid(kinda like being at a carnival sideshow demo thingy). Probably the first infomercial. Ron Popeil (the son) is still seen on TV even now.

This commercial I'm including is pretty odd. Instead of that Midwest accent the guys have, there's something else going on instead. The announcer's got a foreign sounding accent.....Dutch maybe?

Whatever it is, it's pretty damn funny to hear how things are mangled verbally. Words like toMAHto.....that kills me.

Heh, one phrase from the old commercials that still sticks in my mind was " It slices, it dices, it makes crinkle cuts, it makes french fries.....isn't it amazing!!!" Yep, that's how the pitch went for the Veg-O-Matic.

Here you go John:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYLat1Y-BxQ

20121229.jpg

Today I first used my UFO TiTAN handle, and it is spectacular. The color is gorgeous. It has a brown metal tone that pairs perfectly with nickeled razor heads. The knurling is fantastic. Very deep, clear and well defined. Provides perfect grip. It changes color when wet, a bit darker. With 60 gr is surprisingly lightweight for its volume, and gives great maneuverability. It is Titanium grade 5 (Ti6Al4V)
I've put a Gillette NEW LC head nickel replated by Dave Glynn and I've had a shave of Titans!

Saturday night:

Merkur 37C slant bar
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
TOBS travel brush
DR Harris Windsor cream
DR Harris Windsor aftershave splash

I think the 37 is probably razor of the day by the looks of it, 3 users today! Causing a good amount of discussion too.

Face lathered, 2 quick passes on 2 days growth. Good comfortable result.

Back
Top Bottom