S.O.T.D Sat. 15th Dec. to Frid. 21st Dec 2012

Hot shower
Proraso pre, menthol
TOBS Sandalwood Cream
EJ BB medium brush
Weber Polished Head/Personna Lab Blue (1)
Alum block
Clinique post shave healer

Very smooth and irritation free. 2 pass, WTG and ATG without any touch-ups necessary. I'm now beginning to realise that (for me) the secret to a good shave (given proper prep, favourite blades and the like) is to shave every 36 hours

5d83rn.jpg

Pre AoS Unscented Oil + C&E Sienna shaving cream + Omega 10035 + UFO U2 Long with Merkur head and Croma + TOBS Mr Taylor splash with Proraso balm

Excellent and very clean shave, gentlement! A shame that this shaving cream was not more popular, because is a top noch product!

Cheers!

Wednesday 12-19-12. MUSIC: Jethro Tull_LP Too Old to Rock'n'Roll: Too Young To Die (1976).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0guWypvRQU[/video]

Afeitado_2012-12-194-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rodney Neep Soapstone extra silvertip - Feather all stainless - 7 O'clock yellow #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream RazoRock XXX - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Massimo Dutti - ASL Massimo Dutti.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3
Razor: John Nesbitts Crown razor
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Mennen S B
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
013800x578-1.jpg

Today's shave

1930s Fat Handel Tech
Feather blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NNS French lavender hard shaving soap

Just a mild shave with the Tech/Feather blade combo, simple, smooth job done, nice:D

Proraso pre/post
Vulfix 660S Super Badger
Proraso Original Cream
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 Yellow
Thayers Medicated Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Cade AS balm

A bit rushed but a decent result nevertheless. Sticking to the tried and tested items helps.
Keen to do some experimenting on my next few shaves, breaking out various new sampler shaving creams and post shave products (TOBS and GFT). Improving with my WTG / ATG / XTG technique, having sorted out the direction hair grows especially in my neck area where it is all over the place.

UKRob said:
MachM said:
Tuesday:

Tabac soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gem OCMM
Gem blade
Witch Hazel
TOBS Mr Taylors AS

Shave was a little bit harsh this morning, but I sometimes find that the first shave with one of these new SE blades can be like that. Still, BBS results.
A tip I picked up from one of the straight shavers here (apologies but I can't remember who) was to run the blade across a Champagne cork before first use. I do this on feather SE blades and it seems to just take off the really aggressive edge.

Thanks for the tip, if nothing else at least I'll have some champagne!

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Gillette #58 Rocket
Polsilver (4)
Neep Coral Soapstone badger
Tabac stick - face lathered
Witch hazel
Bulldog balm

Four shaves in and the Polsilver is still going strong. Reckon it will be good for 5 or 6. They really are astonishingly good.

Wednesday 19th December

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Proraso Pre/Post Cream
Sanguine Shavette/Supermax Blade
Semogue 1800 Brush
Ogalalla Bay Rum and Lemongrass Soap
Home Prepared toner. (Based on cider vinegar)
Organic Shea Butter
Ogalalla Bay Rum
Morgans Classic Pomade.

I don't have a square point so I used a shavette today....I needed to do some fine work round my newly grown moustache. I had an excellent 3 pass shave

Back
Top Bottom