S.O.T.D Sat. 15th Dec. to Frid. 21st Dec 2012

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3
Razor: Revisor
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Floid, blue Italian
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

In the background a 3-3 500 year old razor replica, found in Sweden ... No to much off a difference, I think :D
0121024x685.jpg

Gillette New #77/#88
Schick Ultra Platinum (1)
Semogue 1520 boar
Proraso white soap
Proraso Aftershave lotion
Diptyque Philosykos edp

My little Semogue boar beasts these Italian soaps into perfect lather.

Greetings

Sunday 16th December 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor:GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Stick (grated into a container)
Aftershave: Floid Balm

A really nice shave and my first use of the Wilkinson Sword shaving sticks, they seem to be very good indeed, easy to lather, even with my hard water and producing a rich silky lather, with good glide. In fact just the opposite to the Wilkinson Sword puck/blue bowl which is one of the worst soaps I have tried, I binned mine!

I do find it strange that the useless puck is available in every supermarket and the excellent sticks are so hard to come across and are not stocked by any of the major British supermarkets!

Regards
Dick.

Sunday

Muhle R41
Shark Super Chrome Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Hot shower
Proraso pre, menthol
TOBS Sandalwood Cream
EJ BB medium brush
Gillette Slim adjustable (#4), Personna Med Prep (3)
Alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

I've finally adjusted to the Slim and got a close, irritation-free shave (I think setting 4 will do for now). Keep rubbing my face to appreciate the wonderful smoothness.
PS... nine sleeps to go before I can try my new NF brush!

Liz Earle Scrub
Proraso Pre
Men-U Shave Cream
Semogue 1520
Merkur 33c
Astra sp
Boots witch Hazel Gel.

Nice irritation free job this morning.This award winning cream is a new one for me
and its not bad at all.Very slick and easy to whip up into a fresh minty lather.
will certainly use again.

Hot flannel face prep

Merkur HD
Gillette 7 OC Sharpedge (new)
MWF Soap (F.L.)
FS Finest Badger (25mm knot)
Alum

Two days' worth almost, mowed down with ease. Nice start to the day with a BBS shave.

WiffWaff - resist the urge to open the NF early now! ;)

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
1958 Executive/Personna74 (NOS)
RL Safari SS
Malizia vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

I was prepared to change this old blade today, having already shaved with it ten times. Turns out there's no reason to switch yet. Pretty amazing to find it almost as good as the first time used.

BBS results,

Martin

geezer said:
WiffWaff - resist the urge to open the NF early now! ;)

Just did a quick check when it arrived a few weeks ago... don't know much about brushes but it seemed like a whole new world of brushiness was opening up before me.

Just like being a kid again.... haven't been so excited since I got my Action Man and Dalek... erm... that was two years ago

morning gentlemen!

lovely shave this morning. I'm really falling in love with my EJ89 again - i was thinking of putting it the back of the drawer and ignoring it for a good while but using a good blade has made all the difference. :)

RSC face scrub/hot water
nannies bergamot and coriander hard shave soap (love it)
Vulfix 404 bodger
EJ89
Polsilver super iridium (6)
witch hazel
aloe vera moisturiser
edt - horizon

good start to the day. :)

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Special Taylors 3000
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
mitchell's Woolfat
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Baux Edt

A later than usual shave for me, I seem to be working around my new little Bedlington Terrier, best Christmas present I could have wished for, I've had him home for the last two weeks, 10 weeks old bright as a button with a big personality, excellent shave from the Taylors Special two pass super smooth.

fotoflexer_photo-15.jpg

FotoFlexer_Photol.jpg

Scent from Heaven Frankincense shaving soap
Weber ARC / Progress on 4
Personna Apache Titanium
Scent from Heaven Escape-style moisturiser

Odd blade, this, and first try. Very smooth and no drag through the toughest stubble but trick to get close. It favours a more aggressive razor than I tend to use. Not bad at all.

Sunday 16th December

Hot Shower and facial scrub
Proraso Sensitive Pre/Post cream
GD#66 6/8 razor
Semogue TSD 2012 LE Badger/Boar
Nannys Forest of Norway Soap
Organic Shea Butter
Barbershop Natural Bay Rum

The GD needed a little TLC this morning. Instead of using my usual diamond strop...I pulled out the Fine Welsh Slate hone. 30 laps on that...followed by 50 on Latigo and 40 on Engilsh Bridle gave a very nice edge indeed. I had a very smooth and very very clean shave.

Back
Top Bottom