Closed Pass Around - One Blade SE Razor

I decided to hold onto the OneBlade until Monday..I wanted to have another look at what @riverrun had been saying about shaving with a Gem Blade..Andreas has been clearly shaving with the Gem Blade & I had No Intention of Doubting him here..I wasn't Happy with the Way I left this So I decided to give it another Visit whilst I still have the OneBlade because I will never get another opportunity to do so..:rolleyes:

As the pictures demonstrate above the Gem Blade does Not Lock Down..It only takes a Small amount of Touch for the blade to move back..I did however decide to lather up & have an attempt to have a proper 2 Pass WTG & ATG Shave with the Gem Blade to resolve this One for myself & others whom may be Wondering Where the Disparities in View Points were Coming from..:eek:

I have already mentioned that the Gem Blade Moves very easily with the Slightest Touch..Anybody that loads the Gem blade into this razor will find the same..There is No Bones about that..That said..The one thing that I noticed straight away on my First WTG Pass the blade was shaving very well..I kept checking the blade for movement from the Stops & there wasn't any..This is because of the design of the OneBlades Pivoting Head..It puts downward pressure on the blade & this prevents it form moving back..This has just got to be experienced..The OneBlade is far more Aggressive with the Gem Blade that's for Sure..o_O

I would Go as far as saying that its a Totally Different Razor..Its more aggressive but I didn't find it anything near as smooth as with the Feather..My first WTG Pass went well without any blade movement from the stops as I checked & Double Checked with a Surgeon's Precision..On my 2nd ATG Pass on the Neck & although I never felt it moving..I checked & the blade had indeed moved from its Stops..It was ever so slight but it had moved from One of the Stops..I squared it up & continued on my ATG Pass & it was fine until I hit some heavier stubble & it moved again..I was aware of it moving this time though as there was a tad more vibration coming through the Gem Blade..The OneBlade makes a Different noise with the Feather Blade..:confused:

To Cut a Long Story Short..I am in No Doubt that some people are shaving with the Gem Blade in the OneBlade because it is indeed possible to Do so as Andreas has said..One of the reasons that the Gem Blade is making a different Noise is because its Not Locked Down and as Rigid as it should be..The Feather Blade is Locked Down & Rigid So there are no Tell Tail Signs of any Vibrations..Its a Different Story with the Gem Blade because its Not Locked Down..This on its Own Changes the Characteristics of the OneBlade Quite Dramatically..;)

These are My Findings with the Gem Blade & I was Meticulous on my Research Here..:p:D:p

Billy

From what I've read over on the DFS forum people doesn't seem to have any problem with the GEM blade in the razor. Me, being lazy and really enjoying the shaves I get with the Feather SE, haven't tried the modded GEM in it :)

A good write up Billy

From what I've read over on the DFS forum people doesn't seem to have any problem with the GEM blade in the razor. Me, being lazy and really enjoying the shaves I get with the Feather SE, haven't tried the modded GEM in it :)

A good write up Billy
Thanks..I mentioned it elsewhere and all but one person all was very quiet on the Topic & all he could say was your YMMV..Yeah..Sure..:D

Billy

Last edited:

A good write up Billy
I never came across this until Now..Here are a couple of threads on the Shave Nook Forum with some debate about the Functionally of the Gem Blade in the OneBlade..It has been acknowledged here that the Gem Blade is causing some folks some problems going ATG with the Blade because of vibration & of course concerns it can move freely because its not locked down..One person has actually Radically Modified a Gem blade to Try and seat it because of these Issues..:eek:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...KdSeefVZdLxvRYh94uAhYg&bvm=bv.115339255,d.bGs

And The Mod..Or Attempted Mod..;)
http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=37917&pid=668607#pid668607

Billy

Hi, @Fergiebilly and @Nico1970
OneBlade collected safe and sound from the P.O. Looking forward to giving it a run out. :)

P.S. Billy, do you own shares in 3M or do you just really really like packing tape? :D
The Box has been taped up to hell because its being passed around..Its built up overtime so I just added my bit..Glad you got it safe & sound..Now you can add you're bit of Tape..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom