Closed Pass Around - One Blade SE Razor

Razor-Oneblade.
Blade-Feather 2nd use.
Brush-Stirling synthetic.
Soap-Stirling autumn glory.
Thayers witch hazel.
Prorasso ASL with added menthol.
Balm-Stirling tuscany.

Well, second to last shave tonight, wanted to get the feather blade working, and thought i would try a used blade. Lathered up and did the first pass XTG, nice and smooth, very close pass on 3 days growth.

Second pass ATG with a bit of touch up on the chin area, and good BBS, very good shave and better than a new blade. I have one more shave before passing on, was going to use the gem, but i know thats a good blade in this razor, so i am going to use the same feather blade and see how it does on its third use with 2 days growth.

Still love this razor, and am definitely thinking of getting one, why cant they just sell the razor without all the extras :(

Razor-Oneblade.
Blade-Feather 2nd use.
Brush-Stirling synthetic.
Soap-Stirling autumn glory.
Thayers witch hazel.
Prorasso ASL with added menthol.
Balm-Stirling tuscany.

Well, second to last shave tonight, wanted to get the feather blade working, and thought i would try a used blade. Lathered up and did the first pass XTG, nice and smooth, very close pass on 3 days growth.

Second pass ATG with a bit of touch up on the chin area, and good BBS, very good shave and better than a new blade. I have one more shave before passing on, was going to use the gem, but i know thats a good blade in this razor, so i am going to use the same feather blade and see how it does on its third use with 2 days growth.

Still love this razor, and am definitely thinking of getting one, why cant they just sell the razor without all the extras :(
Great Shave Report..Looking Forward to Trying This One..:p

Billy

Razor-Oneblade.
Blade-Feather 3rd use.
Brush-Vulix bodger.
Soap-Reef point aviator.
Thayers witch hazel.
Lucky tiger ASL.
Stirling MITA balm.

OK, Last shave with the Oneblade, wasnt expecting too much on a feather blade after two uses already, but lathered up and did the first pass XTG. Pretty good on two days growth, did the ATG pass and a bit of touch up and quite a good BBS.

Didnt think this blade would be up to much on its third use, considering it was used every two or three days but i must say i'm impressed. If this can shave this well after three goes, then the gem must be good for half a dozen or more.

I think if you shaved every day with a couple of passes, then the feather may be good for five or six shaves. Anyway, the razor has been cleaned and packed up ready for Billy to try. Many thanks again to Martin to give us the chance to try this lovely, very expensive razor, much appreciated :D

Its getting closer to me at #10..... cant wait.

I foresee a Gollum esq moment coming on, when I finally get to open the "PRECIOUS ONE" OneBlade!!!! LOL.

The OneBlade Razor..:p
DSC_0245_zpsfkltapi2.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
OneBlade Razor
Feather SE Blade
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
French Monsovan Bol Tallow soap
Thayers Original Witch Hazel

I just had the Most Comfortable All Over BBS Dolphin Smooth Shave with the OneBlade Today..The Feather Blade performs very well in this Razor..Its obvious to a Blind Man that the OneBlade has been designed around the Feather Blade..No Bones About it..I loaded a Gem blade to begin with but it doesn't click into place & when I had a shave there was clear movement with my barbed wire Whiskers..I wasn't happy with that to say the least..I suspected this would happen when I loaded it because the Gem Blade has cut outs on the side & it just doesn't get locked in the way the designers intended..:eek:

Moreover..The Feather blade even when locked down has a slight bit of play..Very small amount but its there..The blade is not rigidly held in place..I don't think it affects the shave any because of the Pivoting or Floating Head Design..The OneBlade looks Aesthetically pleasing to the eye & looks well constructed..I wont mention the Packaging because I don't bother with that Kinda Malarkey..Looks like an Indian Squaw could have perhaps made it though..;)

I was immediately struck by how Mild the OneBlade is..Its very Mild Indeed..The Feather blade makes up for this though because its a very sharp blade..On my First WTG Pass it reduced my 2 days of Whiskers with less efficiency than a Gem Featherweight for sure..Very comfortable though..It came to more to its own on my 2nd XTG Pass & Subsequent ATG pass & performed very well especially on the neck area..A Monkey would find it hard to get razor burn or any irritation with this razor..It is as forgiving as a Modern High End Cartridge System for Sure..This Razor is clearly designed to use a sort of even pressure on the Floating Head..Not any forward pressure but even pressure..I put an elastic band around the pivoting arm to test this & it just wouldn't remove a Darn Whisker..Its so Darn Mild..If you lock up a Modern Cart razor it wont shave worth a darn either as they are designed to use some pressure as well..:rolleyes:

So what can I say..The OneBlade is one of the most comfortable SEs I have ever used & it offered me an All Over BBS result..Here comes the Paradox..I didn't find the OneBlade Comfortable to use..That is to say this thing is like a Mediaeval Design the way it handles during the shave..The Head is Very Clunky & Feels Very Loose Pivoting Back & Forth..Its reminded me of a Jack in the Box on a Spring..The Head can skim over your face when the angle isn't Spot On..That's not a problem once the penny drops of course but a preverbal pain in the Ass nevertheless..The design feels very Primitive & Arcane..I found it quite an Awkward & Uncomfortable Razor to Use..There lays the Paradox..It offers a very comfortable shave but I found it very uncomfortable to use..:eek:

The OneBlade & the Feather Combo are just so forgiving..The End Result BBS for me was Akin to a Cartridge Kinda Depth & Finish..Its a shallow BBS Result & that's Fine & Dandy of Course but its a lot less Comfortable to Shave with than a Top End Cart..Its a Mediaeval Instrument by Comparison..That's my First Impressions of the OneBlade..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Strange how razors seems to be so divisive. As-D2, R41, OneBlade. "One mans meat is one mans poison" and all that....

I know everyones skin is a bit different....but its all still just skin?!??!?!? LOL.

Back
Top Bottom