Closed Pass Around - One Blade SE Razor

Razor - Oneblade.
Blade - Feather FHS.
Brush - Stirling synth.
Soap - Stirling autumn glory.
Thayers witch hazel with lemon.
ASL-Fine platinum.
Balm - Stirling tuscany.

Well, the razor arrived and looks good in the fancy box and all. Lovely looking razor, well weighted. Loaded the blade and did the first pass XTG, lovely and smooth and took most of 3 days growth off. Pivoted head worked well, didnt really conectrate too much on that though, but it did its thing well.

Did the second pass ATG, again lovely and smooth and almost BBS. Had to do 5 or 6 passes on my chin, which is my problem area, usually sorted with 2 or 3 passes, and i got a bit of irritation as a result. First time i have tried the feather SE blades, and i think, as with the feather DE razor, this razor was made for the feather SE blade.

I will try the gem blade on the next shave, see how they compare with the feather, hoping for less of a clean up on the chin area, but the smoothness of the feather blade will be hard to beat.

I think this is a well made and top quality razor, which, even after just one shave, i want one :p Will they come down in price in the future? I would like to think so, but even at the current price, i am very, very tempted.

Thanks again to Martin for the chance to try this top notch razor, i will post in a couple of days time after my next shave using the gem blade.

Razor - Oneblade.
Blade - Gem.
Brush-Stirling synthetic.
Soap-B&M Latha.
Thayers.
Old spice ASL.
Stirling MITA balm.

After having to have a few days off shaving, to let my chin recover from the last shave with the feather blade, i had 3 days growth to get through. Normally i dont get on too well with Gem blades, not sure why, but was a bit dubious trying one in the Oneblade, when the Oneblade was made for the feather blade.

Anyway, lathered up with the best soap i have tried yet, the B&M Latha, i did my first pass with the gem. Got to say it was not quite as smooth as the feather blade, but gave a good shave on the first pass XTG. Then did an ATG pass and thats when the difference became apparent, the gem almost gave a BBS, whereas the feather started to struggle at this point in the shave. Only needed a bit of tidying up on the chin and neck area, and BBS all over. No irritation, lovely and smooth, maybe this razor was meant for the Gem after all :eek:

Splashed on the Old Spice, not a murmur of sting, finished off with the Stirling balm and all good. Even though i had a decent sort of shave with the feather the first time, i must say using the gem made the razor altogether better and more efficient. Makes me want one even more now :)

Thanks to Rivverun for supplying the gem blades, lovely in their little wrappers, i will have one more shave with the feather to see if it was a flukey bad first shave, then one more with the gem, to see how it shaves on the second use, then onto Billy to try.

Razor-Oneblade.
Soap-Kent.
Thayers witch hazel.
Fine American Blend ASL.
Stirling Tuscany balm.

With 2 days growth, slightly less than i tried with the feather blade first time, i was hoping for a better shave than the first outing. Lathered up with the Kent, got to say this soaps hard to lather, no wonder its been sitting in the cupboard for the last 6 months!

Anyway, did the first WTG pass and as smooth as the first shave with the feather. Lathered up and did the ATG pass, and although it was better then the first go with the feather blade, i did get a couple of nicks, which i didnt get with the gem blade. Did some clean up around the chin and neck area, and much easier than the first try with the feather blade, almost BBS, but i wasnt going to make the same mistake as the first shave and have irritation and soreness for 2 or 3 days, so left it at that.

I splashed on the ASL and not much of a sting, but 20 mins after the shave i have some irritation, perhaps the feather SE blade and me dont get on, even though its really smooth, perhaps its a lot sharper than the gem so less forgiving.

I still love this razor, but so far, for me, i would use a gem blade in it, unless i was shaving every day, which i think the feather would be more suited for, for me anyway. Perhaps a WTG pass a couple of times might be in order, but i do likke to get a BBS.

Anyway, i will have my last shave on Friday or Saturday with the used gem blade, to see if the gem still gives a good BBS with 3 or 4 days growth, as it did the first time, i will then post it onto Billy, who i am sure is chomping at the bit to have a go with this pivoting SE razor :)

Razor-Oneblade.
Soap-Kent.
Thayers witch hazel.
Fine American Blend ASL.
Stirling Tuscany balm.

With 2 days growth, slightly less than i tried with the feather blade first time, i was hoping for a better shave than the first outing. Lathered up with the Kent, got to say this soaps hard to lather, no wonder its been sitting in the cupboard for the last 6 months!

Anyway, did the first WTG pass and as smooth as the first shave with the feather. Lathered up and did the ATG pass, and although it was better then the first go with the feather blade, i did get a couple of nicks, which i didnt get with the gem blade. Did some clean up around the chin and neck area, and much easier than the first try with the feather blade, almost BBS, but i wasnt going to make the same mistake as the first shave and have irritation and soreness for 2 or 3 days, so left it at that.

I splashed on the ASL and not much of a sting, but 20 mins after the shave i have some irritation, perhaps the feather SE blade and me dont get on, even though its really smooth, perhaps its a lot sharper than the gem so less forgiving.

I still love this razor, but so far, for me, i would use a gem blade in it, unless i was shaving every day, which i think the feather would be more suited for, for me anyway. Perhaps a WTG pass a couple of times might be in order, but i do likke to get a BBS.

Anyway, i will have my last shave on Friday or Saturday with the used gem blade, to see if the gem still gives a good BBS with 3 or 4 days growth, as it did the first time, i will then post it onto Billy, who i am sure is chomping at the bit to have a go with this pivoting SE razor :)
Nice Report..My experience with those Feather SE Blades Exactly..By the sounds of your Report & others this thing is designed to shave like a Cartridge Razor..Us SE Folks are more used to a Deeper BBS SE Result..It will All Come Out in the Washing when I have a Go with it..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom