Active Pass Around: Fatboy

Gents, I'm done playing with it. Whoever awaits for his turn please PM me with your address.

Martin, thanks for the opportunity to try it out! I wish Fatty came a little earlier, but now that I've got Aristo it just seems unbeatable :)

--Alexander

Helveticum said:
Gents, I'm done playing with it. Whoever awaits for his turn please PM me with your address.

Martin, thanks for the opportunity to try it out! I wish Fatty came a little earlier, but now that I've got Aristo it just seems unbeatable :)

--Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Well, at least you know what the deal is with the Fatboy now. Heh, one less monkey to feed, which is worth something in the piece of mind department.

Here in the US, the most common Aristocrats are the gold plated late 1940s-mid 1950s types. You guys have lots more versions to choose from, so I don't know what model # you're talking about.

I know in my case, those US made ones would be my daily shaver if the Fatboy didn't hold that position. Funny how we all look for different things in a razor.

Martin

I've been thinking of acquiring a Fatboy so if I could be considered for the 'Pass Around' list it would be greatly appreciated.
Though given the full-grown silver-back currently clinging to me - I may go ahead and buy one ... Of course, I'd let you know to remove my name from the queue.

Thanks

Crom

cromulent said:
Though given the full-grown silver-back currently clinging to me - I may go ahead and buy one ... Of course, I'd let you know to remove my name from the queue.

Thanks

Crom

Hi Crom,

I'll just sorta pencil you in for the time being. You're smart to try the Fatboy and get thst damn thing off your back at least. Seems like this razor gets a fair amount of discussion with mostly pro comments but certainly not all.

I hope the OP won't mind if I derail his thread for a minute with a kinda funny story. Ah, screw him...guy's a doofus.

My first nine months of DE shaving was like this: Three months using a LH Super Adjustable and the next six with a Slim. The Super was a good razor, but that Slim was better for me. Those six months were the best shaves I'd had and didn't really care to look any farther. Yeah, I tried a couple others along the way, but nothing grabbed me like that Slim.

So I'm on ebay, looking for a back up Slim (I am big on back ups). There's a cased one for $30 and I buy the thing. Get it delivered and come to find it's a nice condition Fatboy in a Slim case. Pissed me off a bit, getting a clunky old Fatboy instead of what I wanted. Put the thing away and didn't even try it for a month or so.

Yeah, I didn't really care for how it looked, plus it did seem bulkier than what I was used to. And hell, I was already getting really good shaves with the Slim.

Anyway, when I did finally test drive the Fatboy, that poor Slim was never used again. It was a magical moment I hope you all experience in at least one razor.

So that was how I acquired my first Fatboy,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom