Active Pass Around: Fatboy

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Ok, there's five members on the list so far. I'm sure others will sign up later, and I'm wondering if there's a way for those people to just add their names. What about using the quote feature for this post and adding their name at the list's bottom. Would it make any sense to have one post with just the list of names in it?

For right now we have:

Wellboy
Simmo
Huxley
Ewaa
Kev

Nice gesture Martin, I will make a sticky post then you can maintain the list a bit easier.

Boab said:
dodgy said:
For right now we have:

Wellboy
Simmo
Huxley
Ewaa
Kev

I will make a sticky post then you can maintain the list a bit easier.

Thanks for fixing that up. The E1 Fatboy's packed and ready to take a loooong extended trip.

Martin

Oh........this particular razor may have been owned by Walter Matthau, and given to him by Jack Lemon after the filming of The Odd Couple. From what I understand, old Wally had borrowed this Fatboy from Jack and loved it so much he got to keep it! Supposedly, this was Jack's go to razor, so these two guys must have been close for him to give that one up. It was already a few years old at that time.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Ok, there's five (make that seven now) members on the list so far. I'm sure others will sign up later, For right now we have:

Wellboy.......finished
Huxley
Ewaa
Kev
Blades
Helveticum
Lesed

I can take care of Blades and forward him a Fatboy and other adjustables to test drive since I'm on the Pacific Coast.
Makes "cents" for all involved.

Up to you Dodgy, but it moves your FB on to the boys on the other side. Thought I would offer. Regards, Robert

Seems the FatBoy will collect plenty of frequent flier miles. Can clearly see upon its return from the Continent it'll be upgraded to business class cabin before it gets back to Martin's hands... :lol: :lol:

Robert Otten said:
I can take care of Blades and forward him a Fatboy and other adjustables to test drive since I'm on the Pacific Coast.
Makes "cents" for all involved.

Up to you Dodgy, but it moves your FB on to the boys on the other side. Thought I would offer. Regards, Robert

Hi Robert,

That's a thoughtful offer. Actually, I contacted Blades last week about sending him my back up Fatboy to test drive, but right now I think he's gonna be looking for one on the bay. Not quite sure what's up there.

To the other forum members, I'm not planning on seeing the traveling Fatboy in this thread again, and no need to ever send that back here down the road. Consider it a small bit of giving back to this goofy place.

Martin

Hi Martin

That's a very generous gesture to the forum. This will make it possible to try out a very popular iconic razor and decide if it's for you. As I said very kind indeed.

Nigel

Interesting idea Martin, I thought it would be passed around then returned to you.Lets see if we can count the miles this travels for a bit of fun.

Ok folks it's time to pass this baby on.
Had it now for 10 days and it is a absolute pleasure to shave with so much so that i have bought one off the bay.
As Simmo has asked for his name to be taken off the list that means that Huxley you are next please pm me your address and i'll get it in the post asap.
Many thanks to martin for giving me the chance to try this wonderfull razor.

Back
Top Bottom