New life for an old brush.

Thank you sir! It's the first I've seen like this, and I doubt many are still around. It was war production stuff, and they didn't care if it wasn't perfect.

It's something I occasionally think about.

I think for many things in our landscape we have been conditioned to want our purchases to aesthetically perfect, be it something like a shaving brush or vegetables we'd buy at the supermarket. Or even something like meat or fish, it has to be a perfectly shrink wrapped slab of meat or fillet of fish free of bones. I sometimes question large proportions of society have become detached from functionality over aesthetics.

Fine purchase though Toby, I absolutely love seeing your purchases of fine brushes from yesteryear. I believe the brush's imperfections only make it an even more special acquisition.

I got the hair out ok and will re-use it, and the imperfections will remain intact. The finish came off easily with acetone. Pix tomorrow of the progress.
I mean I’m ok with words but poor old hobo @Mike Smart needs pictures. He’s got a lovely collection of sticker books with little green men in them. He thinks it’s about football but they’re really aliens. Bless…

Looking forward to it, Toby.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom