SOTD: 09/07/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 7th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Nanny’s Silly Soap Moroccan Sands Croap
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Toscano Leather EdP

Another great shave from the Shield and Nanny’s Silly Soap. My opinion hasn’t changed, a brilliant scent and base! I really pushed the water used in my lather significantly today and it was indeed a lot softer and slightly less thick. However despite mixing it for quite a while and adding lots more water, by my third pass it had settled on to almost the same beautiful thickness as yesterday. Smell was even better than yesterday, (though that may be my cold clearing) and post shave was just as good. It just smells divine off the puck and the intensity when lathered seem to increase. A very welcome addition to my den of soaps and one that will definitely survive an upcoming cull I’m going to have! I can’t wait to try some more!

10/07/2023

Razor: Reggie's Titan
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (2)
Brush: Highlander 'The Boyce' Silvertip
Soap: NSS French Lavender

20230710_193223.jpg

I have a fair amount of irritation from this shave. Foolishly I opted to try a new soap and razor at the same time. I'll use a soap I'm more familiar with for the next shave to baseline the razor and then return to NSS with a more familiar razor. Beautiful scent on this and it lathered with ease.

IMG_2106.jpeg
SOTD: 10/07/2023

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Chrome
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Nanny’s Silly Soap Moroccan Sands Croap
Aftershave: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm

Another day, another excellent shave from the Nanny’s silly soap. It worked a treat to start the week off with this soap, and rarely used razor! The gaps in the Yaqi razor head helped with the lubrication this design is supposed to give when shaving. A great smooth shave!
The scent on this soap is amazing I wish there was a matching balm/splash!

AF44C29C-4114-45F6-B55A-ECCE6F3F8DA4.jpeg

Simpson Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/co...-friday-14-july-2023.58634/page-6#post-926872 Krona
Wizamet S.I. (2)
Nanny’s Silly Soap Moroccan Sands. Veritas Vincent base.
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
OSP Belgravia Barbershop a/s

Second use of the soap, I loaded lighter and gave it more water.
Again it lathered effortlessly. My thoughts are very much the same as the first use. It’s an excellent soap, it’s noticeable qualities are that it has superb cushioning and density.
It can take much more water than I gave it.

I’m enjoying using it very much, particularly the scent. It’s a scent that I can imagine ‘The Dude’ Lebowski wearing.

It really tied the shave together.

Lovely to hear more good news. I'm anxiously waiting for news on my new shaving cream/
I ordered the lime version of Nanny's new shaving soaps from @SoapAlchemist
Although it smells great I also received a sample of the Moroccan Sands shaving cream and this was a smell I'd not tried from her previous creations some years back.
I am really taken with the smell so tried this out today ahead of the soap I actually ordered!
And excellent cream which provided all the good lather and aftercare I'd hope for without much product in the brush.
I even didn't use any aftershave so I can enjoy the smell a bit longer.

A little disappointed with the Treet Platinum on some of the problem areas around the neck. I like these blades but expected better there.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Nanny's Moroccan Sands (cream)
Aftershave: Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Shop https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64ada9807561cd6e4045f244

That's great to hear NotTheStig; a very promising start to the shaving cream. I guess in an ideal world it would be in an aluminium tube, but those things are difficult to source and I imagine get pretty pricey when printing is added.

Herewith my thoughts on Sharon's shaving cream in the Moroccan Sands flavour. I decided to try the cream before the soap. Please note - I do not usually use cream so maybe my technique is not great!

Scent - Moroccan Sands is a lovely scent. I had not tried this in the older soaps and I would recommend.

Texture - I would class this as an ultra-soft croap as the texture differs from commercial cream, in that it has higher viscosity. I suspect, without full knowledge, that commercial creams are 'whipped' to entrain both water and air, a process I would not expect an artisan soapmaker to emulate. It is soft enough to smear on my face for face-lathering, which is my preference

Lather - Initial lather was adequate but no 'explosion'. The reason swiftly became clear - this is a soap which needs water. I incorporated extra water with some judicious 'brush dipping' and a very healthy lather emerged. I could make this wetter than I normally would without lather breakdown.

Shave - Using a Yaqi AC razor with Schick blade I found the shave very comfortable. No trace of irritation and no weepers. 'Blade feel' was low showing a healthy cushion.

Post-shave - skin is comfortable with a nicely moisturised feel.

So, in short, this is a winner and I recommend most highly!

I'm going to use this for a couple of days and I'll post any insights.

Next - the soap!

Thanks globalm, that's all very encouraging. It's interesting that both the soap and cream seem to be able to tolerate a lot of water; presumably that means more lather for less product? Do you or @NotTheStig have any objections to me pasting your feedback on my Ebay listing for the soap and the cream when I get it listed?

@SoapAlchemist
Hi Sharon, I've seen your FB post about the new "Cream of the Crop" base.
How soft is it?

G1f5KHN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom