Nanny's Silly Soap Returns

Hmmm, if there'd be a soap that would be scented with both lime and lavender essential oils, that could be rather nice. Wouldn't mind a little patchouli or vetiver in the base notes to tango with the lavender, but... well, I'm probably just being silly now.

Last edited:
Hi guys I’ve promised a review for the kind gift of a tub, and to sum up I love it! It’s a rarity that I use a soap more than once in a week or month given the amount I have but I’m going to be using this for a few days as I only think it’s fair given it’s a competition win. I have to say I’m not going to miss my other soaps from the first use! I found the scent amazing, warming and strong, patchouli is a scent I’m normally wary of but this balances perfectly with the musk, wood and Oud mix. I also think though it may work better in the colder half of the year it works just as well in the summer. I’ve already asked about a balm/splash as I like it that much.
It’s a strong scent is also a warning bell for me as no one likes frag burn but it’s a complete non issue! It lasted on my skin for a good few hours after and I throughly enjoyed getting the occasional waft of it.
It’s a soft crisp and I really enjoyed the base, it’s incredibly easy to lather and got an incredibly thick, cushioning lather in record time. I found it slick but not too ‘slippy’, it was incredibly thick, more than just yogurty thick, you could have used a ruler to measure how thick it was. I really enjoyed it but will push it further with water tomorrow as I think it will loosen a little and give an even better glide and be even better with a bit more water.
I for one like the post shave smell and feel. It’s doesn’t leave a greasy slick feel and no dryness just a moisturised ‘normal’ skin. No irritation at all was felt, just like normal skin which is actually a welcome change as at times some soaps feel more like moisturisers.
If this was the original base I can see why it’s been so missed! I’m more than happy with it and am resisting ordering the lime until payday!

I'm delighted to read your review Lee, and hope the soap continues to perform well for you. This isn't my original soap but a new one, which from lathering it in a bowl myself seems better to me. This has also been the feedback from my OH and from a work colleague. So it's fingers crossed for me right now. OH used the new cream today and his initial reaction after one shave was that it's even better than the new soap. But he is, after all, a man who uses a Gillette double bladed razor with a plastic handle, so...:eek:

It’s brilliant to lather. Less than 30 seconds and I had a thick lather, I then went at it a bit longer and got the amazingly thick cushioning lather I early tried to describe with ease! So it’s ideal for either being in a rush in the week when I need to be quick in the morning or perfect for the weekend when I want a more luxurious shave!

It’s brilliant to lather. Less than 30 seconds and I had a thick lather, I then went at it a bit longer and got the amazingly thick cushioning lather I early tried to describe with ease! So it’s ideal for either being in a rush in the week when I need to be quick in the morning or perfect for the weekend when I want a more luxurious shave!
Sounds ideal. Can I ask, do you have hard or soft water? Also, can I add some of your feedback to my Ebay listing? No worries if you prefer not.

09/07/2023

Razor: Reggie's Titan
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)
Brush: Highlander Jade Apple 24mm
Soap: NSS Moroccan Sands

20230709_072442.jpg

Gave the original tallow base a go today. Thought it would be a useful baseline to compare the new soaps against. It performs very well and the Moroccan Sands scent is intoxicating.

A quick update after shave number 2, and my opinion hasn’t change, brilliant scent and base! I pushed the water used in my lather significantly today and it was indeed a lot softer and slightly less thick. However despite mixing it for quite a while and adding lots more water, by my third pass it had settled on to almost the same beautiful thickness as yesterday. Smell was even better than yesterday, (though that may be my cold clearing) and post shave was just as good.

Back
Top Bottom