Just popping down to Jermyn St....

SirPrize said:
Are you the same Pompey Bill that did such an excellent photothread on Jermyn St on another site? - if so why not post a link here? - I would but I cannot remember which site.
And if I have made an ass of myself and you are not this person - welcome aboard anyway! :oops:

No, don't worry, you're right, that was me. I posted up a few pics on B&B of when I went to Jermyn a little while back.

Here's the link below;

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56681

Edit: Just joined today so just finding out about the forum, and have run into a posting mentioning some history with B&B, so sorry if the linkage isn't appropriate, remove it if needs be. Am just going to do some investigation as regards what exactly happened!

Fido said:
I had a really good look at all the shaving brushes. Rooney styles everywhere all with the shop brand name. I didn't bother to make enquiries about who makes what for who. I pretty well have it figured now.I asked why it seemed so important to have the Made in England label. Foreign visitors love it.That makes sense.Staff were all friendly and not too pushy although the TOBS people were rather invasive. All the shops present their stuff delightfully. I had a lengthy chat at T&H. They seem a bit miffed that Vulfix haven't approached them to sell Simpson brushes. Didn't ask why they hadn't approached Vulfix!

Fido - was there a good range of the Rooney style brushes in terms of grades? It sounds a good way of trying a Rooney brush without having the rigmarole usually associated with buying a Rooney!

Vic

There are so many brushes on display in the shops that they must have examples of the different grades. If you are planning a visit always worth phoning to clarify what they have. There's nothing like touching and feeling before buying. To be fair, Executive Shaving will take a brush back if you have reservations as long as it is not used.

Back
Top Bottom