Just popping down to Jermyn St....

Of all the fetishes that is certainly one of the stranger ones, I know someone says he got his girlfriend to drop one on a glass table while he was below. Never quite understood it myself.

Anyway good that you got out of there spending only £14, what did you get?

Audiolab said:
Of all the fetishes that is certainly one of the stranger ones, I know someone says he got his girlfriend to drop one on a glass table while he was below. Never quite understood it myself.

The Una special. Whips up / down a treat without a Shadow of a doubt. Over to Hank, I mean Henk!

Audiolab said:

Back on topic... I picked up a Sandalwood cream and an Almond cream, both in tubs. I'd used a tube of Shaving Shop that I picked up in TK Maxx a while back and really liked it. Given the tubs are only £7 for 150g and the tube I got in TK MAxx was £4 for 75g, it's actually cheaper just to go to the shop and buy direct!

Well the almond is actually a decision based on the fact that my other half likes to use my shaving cream for her legs, and almond is a good compromise on fragrance!

rangers62 said:
The Una special. Whips up / down a treat without a Shadow of a doubt. Over to Hank, I mean Henk!
Am I now to understand that not only is Una Stubbs in the habit of taking a dumpette on the chest of her lover after intercourse, but she was also involved in a sado/masochistic relationship with Hank B Marvin of the Shadows?
The mind boggles - I always thought the Shadows were so totally wet and squeaky-clean.

Taylors Sandalwood has been a regular for me for years: one of my favourite scents and a reliable performer. On the, ahem, other subject, my mind has been well and truly boggled too, all the more so for your latest contribution Sir Prize.

Almond was my least favourite TOBS cream - I found the scent pleasant but almost non-existent when on your face. No trace of it after the final rinse. A shame, as it's a nice scent!

TOBS Rose is my all time favourite cream, but I seem to be a soap guy these days!

To be frank, I find both Taylors and Trumpers way too stuffy. I feel under dressed whenever I walk in there, they tend to "hover" and I've overheard a member of staff spout some total nonsense to a customer about Merkur blades being the very best because they are German steel.... yeah, ok.

John

jhclare said:
[...] and I've overheard a member of staff spout some total nonsense to a customer about Merkur blades being the very best because they are German steel.... yeah, ok.
John

...he must have thought that I was about to pop in and buy some more blades... :lol:

I actually find that Merkur blades are great with an R41 or (particularly) an 11C for me. Horses for courses.

jhclare said:
Merkur blades being the very best because they are German steel.... yeah, ok.

Ah, steel quality and their applicability to cutting tools...

High end knife manufacturers use US steels, Japanese steels, Swedish steels, German steels, interchangeably depending on properties, intended use, availability and price, and regardless of nationality.

For DE blades, I would guess that the origin/quality of the steel may be the least important of the various factors leading to a high quality blade, with sharpening being the most important.

Back
Top Bottom