JULY 2021 ACQUISITIONS

Where did you get these samples from? Bottom right... is that M&E, Michael & Elena, an obscure greek artisan...?
One of members from Reddit channel wetshaving sent them with my purchase of DG confluence , since I was asking him bout some of the scents (he has over 100 soap sets I believe ! ) . I think it might be - since I was looking around to find out what it is but didn’t manage to get any info online ! Didn’t ask him yet what it is.

No longer "waiting to arrive", the Arancia and Phantom Aerolite are here! Brush feels big in the hand and beautifully soft but still with enough backbone. I haven't used it yet as I shaved this morning before the postie arrived, but I do wonder if I'll ever use my other brushes again. The Extro Arancia smells divine! I'll know when I've been Tangoed. Probably will, just to change it up a bit, but I think this will be my go to.
Thanks @SS2013 for the Mogno sample, it must have been the last one as my order went in just as your announcement that the Mognos were all spoken for came out. Cheers!
20210709_113149.jpg

Last edited:
This Razor from Hitachi arrived today and i know absolutely nothing about it lol other than it’s japanese.
The Razor itself has a good weight to it & the knurling is really impressive & grippy.
Now iv no idea if this is the same Hitachi that make electrical equipment or the name is just a coincidence.
The Blades are unopened & called Hitachi Sun

Anyone out there with any info on these obscure japanese razors il be very grateful
View attachment 73151View attachment 73152View attachment 73153View attachment 73154View attachment 73155

Don't know anything about the razor but can confirm that is the Hitachi corp logo in use 60s-90s. FWIW "hi-tachi" means sun-rise.

One of members from Reddit channel wetshaving sent them with my purchase of DG confluence , since I was asking him bout some of the scents (he has over 100 soap sets I believe ! ) . I think it might be - since I was looking around to find out what it is but didn’t manage to get any info online ! Didn’t ask him yet what it is.

I believe it’s a vegan base with caramel, whiskey and orange notes... do report back with your impressions!

I decided that, rather than buying full tubs, I'd try tester pucks, I know they do about 20-30 shaves, so enough time to get to know how good they perform, but I think I just saved a bit of cash by finding out the scents I'm not too keen on, as I would have normally just gone for all 3 and probably the matching splashes too! This way, I have worked out that one is a definite future purchase, with splash another is a maybe and one is a definite no go for me!

Using an empty Proraso soap dish as a temporary use container - the stickers from the puck fit nicely on top too.

Attachments

• imp2.jpg
    imp2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 10
  • imp3.jpg
    imp3.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 10
I decided that, rather than buying full tubs, I'd try tester pucks, I know they do about 20-30 shaves, so enough time to get to know how good they perform, but I think I just saved a bit of cash by finding out the scents I'm not too keen on, as I would have normally just gone for all 3 and probably the matching splashes too! This way, I have worked out that one is a definite future purchase, with splash another is a maybe and one is a definite no go for me!

Using an empty Proraso soap dish as a temporary use container - the stickers from the puck fit nicely on top too.
I wish more of the artisans would be doing this size samples - and at this price too! I actually think the barbershop one is a lovely scent - nice powdery warm sweet vanilla (based on the sample of the balm that I have)

Back
Top Bottom