JULY 2021 ACQUISITIONS

It's a BASF fibre ....the same as the Muhle STF V1 which I prefer over the V2
It certainly looks good, had me fooled at first, thought it was Badger!

Paul
Fantastic looking brush, is it a badger or a synthetic knot?

Paul.

Strike Gold Shave Grant set.
View attachment 72852

Custom Rhodium knot with Tony Forsyth handle
View attachment 72851View attachment 72850View attachment 72849
Rhodium knot, very nice indeed Rob.
I am very happy with mine, possibly the best knot I have, have mine set into an Alpha Outlaw V1 TI handle, has never dropped a hair!

Paul.

In the induction phase....I practically am! The problem is....my wife is working from home and you can only spend so much time polishing the bike in an attempt to intercept the delivery men. Mrs G hasn't a clue about the value of the stuff. She just counts the
I suffer from ulcerative colitis and polymyalgia rheumatica so I was on Pentasa, Lanzoprasole and steroids. Full-on moon-face weight gain etc. Went full keto then stayed below 20g carbs per day and came off every pill, lost 3 stone and felt better than at any point since my twenties. Bit of a roll back with the odd craft beer and cheeky carb burst like a pack of crisps currently but still embracing the low carb for the most part. Best bit is enjoying the high fat aspect. Mmmmmm bacon

Last edited:
Merkur progress.jpg
After many months of using a straight razor and fully understanding why men of the time always had some sort of beard and moustache lol I decided to treat myself to the Merkur Progress as it's one of 3 razors left to buy off my razors I really want to own list.
My first thoughts about it were not great to be fair when it arrived because I was disappointed with the packaging and the only razor I have ever brought new, that did not come with a blade, unlike Muhle etc.
Then I ended up going on youtube because I took it apart only to be unable to match the number to the dot again lol, Merkur should really put a diagram on the back of the box, if they didn't want to include a little leaflet, as I seem to not be the only person that found this a problem because we didn't spot the tiny mark on the razor top cap.
Needless to say it's build quality is superb and feels very nice in my hand so I can't wait to try it out with a SOTD post later today (I am going to pop a feather blade in to see how it pairs up), I am so pleased the faux ivory part of the bottom turned out to be better in my hand because it always looks so cheap and nasty in the photo's hence why it had taken me a while to finally buy it.
Now to see how it shaves and I am quite excited about it as it always gets rave reviews.
stay safe out here.

View attachment 72973
After many months of using a straight razor and fully understanding why men of the time always had some sort of beard and moustache lol I decided to treat myself to the Merkur Progress as it's one of 3 razors left to buy off my razors I really want to own list.
My first thoughts about it were not great to be fair when it arrived because I was disappointed with the packaging and the only razor I have ever brought new, that did not come with a blade, unlike Muhle etc.
Then I ended up going on youtube because I took it apart only to be unable to match the number to the dot again lol, Merkur should really put a diagram on the back of the box, if they didn't want to include a little leaflet, as I seem to not be the only person that found this a problem because we didn't spot the tiny mark on the razor top cap.
Needless to say it's build quality is superb and feels very nice in my hand so I can't wait to try it out with a SOTD post later today (I am going to pop a feather blade in to see how it pairs up), I am so pleased the faux ivory part of the bottom turned out to be better in my hand because it always looks so cheap and nasty in the photo's hence why it had taken me a while to finally buy it.
Now to see how it shaves and I am quite excited about it as it always gets rave reviews.
stay safe out here.
It must be a cost saving exercise because they used to supply one blade with the razor, the packaging has always been the cheap cardboard box, I can't remember if there was an instruction sheet in the older ones to be honest but a good razor for the money.

Paul.

View attachment 72973
stay safe out here.

It must be a cost saving exercise because they used to supply one blade with the razor, the packaging has always been the cheap cardboard box, I can't remember if there was an instruction sheet in the older ones to be honest but a good razor for the money.

Paul.
They did once come with a Merkur blade. Now, we all know those Merkur blades are shit. I reckon Merkur's leadership realised most people have access to spoons in their own homes should they want to try the Merkur blade shaving experience and moved to the current cost saving arrangement as a result of that.

Back
Top Bottom