IS Mitchells Wool fat as good as everyone says?

Hated it. Wouldn't lather, smelt funny! Got through two pucks trying everything under the sun.

Depends on your location and/or water supply.... hardness, or some other water characteristic, seems to be the problem.

Arko is ten times better, I'm not kidding!

John

I live in hard water area MWF lathers great I do it this way
before I wash I run the hot tap then fill MWF tub so it covers puck I also soak brush in mug I wash and prep for shave I empty water from MWF and mug then load the shaving brush which is a boars hair wilko afer loading brush till she wont take no more I lather it in mug adding water if needed it takes a while (2/3 mins) but end up with a nice double whipped cream.

It can be tricky to find the right lather texture.

Since I have found it, it has always provided wonderful shaves. This soap is a bless.
Besides, Lanoline based shaving products works very well with me.

I'd say it was a very good soap. The lather makes for a nice smooth shave. I like the clean scent. For the price, its worth a go. Relative to say Trumpers soaps its a bargain.

Trumpers soaps aren't that good anymore though. No tallow anymore. I was quite disappointed with the Violet (although loved the smell, which is what made me risk buying it)

Back
Top Bottom