IS Mitchells Wool fat as good as everyone says?

Dr Rick said:
I don't think you can mean Cade here? A very strong, pronounced smell! It's probably the most strongly-scented hard soap I've encountered.

I do mean Cade yes, it's one of the most neutral smelling hard soaps I've owned. I can get a faint coconut note (palm oil?) and that's it. Maybe I bought a duff one, I don't know. Maybe I was sold another type of L'Occitane soap with the wrong label, who knows, all I know is that I don't get much from it.
The 3 T's hard soaps have far, far more smell to them.

Canuck said:
Dr Rick said:
I don't think you can mean Cade here? A very strong, pronounced smell! It's probably the most strongly-scented hard soap I've encountered.

I do mean Cade yes, it's one of the most neutral smelling hard soaps I've owned. I can get a faint coconut note (palm oil?) and that's it. Maybe I bought a duff one, I don't know. Maybe I was sold another type of L'Occitane soap with the wrong label, who knows, all I know is that I don't get much from it.

I think it must be a dud or mislabelled. Cade is very woody and juniper-scented, not at all as you describe.

chrisbell said:
Canuck said:
Dr Rick said:

I think it must be a dud or mislabelled. Cade is very woody and juniper-scented, not at all as you describe.

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid both you and the good Doctor are wrong. The Cade scent is a subdued one. I get note of woods/cedar/ juniper/ pine in the melange, but it's pretty subtle stuff.

On another note, if you didn't like asparagus before, you DO like it now! Yes, it's very tasty and certainly does not make your pee smell like Tabac. I'm happy to tell you what you really enjoy and what stuff really smells like. How else are you guys gonna learn?

Seriously though, if you guys like Cade, I'd bet the DR Harris Marlborough soap would be a good one to sample (if you haven't already). Kinda similar notes, but with more pop to the scent for sure. Excellent performer as well.

Dodgy

Re: RE: IS Mitchells Wool fat as good as everyone says?

dodgy said:
Seriously though, if you guys like Cade, I'd bet the DR Harris Marlborough soap would be a good one to sample (if you haven't already). Kinda similar notes, but with more pop to the scent for sure. Excellent performer as well.

Dodgy

Thanks for the sarcasm, always appreciated. I have and like the DRH Marlborough. The scent is roughly a quarter as pronounced as that of the Cade, though. I have three different Harris soaps, and they have less scent than my Trumper ones, which in turn have FAR less than the Cade.

I hope not, it's great. It's not as strong as the Cella, quite, or the Blighty peppermint, but stronger than any of my other soaps.

It is hard to imagine any scented soap having dramatically less "pop" than the Harris products, though: all four cakes I've had, three different scents and from three different sources, have been uniformly subtlety scented, albeit very pleasant.

Im gonna invest in a shaving bowl from connaughrs shaving, and they do packages wityh the soaps, so out of these, whats the fragrances and performances like?.....

Vitos, MWF, colonel conk, Cella.

Latherman said:
Sound. MWF it is then. thanks for the pointer pedro - I fackin hate marzipan :p

Hi there.

Since you're ordering from Paul, you might wanna include a DR Harris refiil puck of some flavor. Been a while since I last checked, but I'd imagine his price on those is still very good. It's a very good product and you might as well buy one now and save lots of money on shipping....tons of money.

Martin

Soap war
jedi.gif
popcorn.gif

dodgy said:
Latherman said:
Sound. MWF it is then. thanks for the pointer pedro - I fackin hate marzipan :p

Hi there.

Since you're ordering from Paul, you might wanna include a DR Harris refiil puck of some flavor. Been a while since I last checked, but I'd imagine his price on those is still very good. It's a very good product and you might as well buy one now and save lots of money on shipping....tons of money.

Martin

Is Paul the owner of Connaughts? Iid already placed the order by the time i read rhis tbh.

Hi!

About this soap, at first I was disappointed with it (I couldn't get any good foam lathering in a bowl) until I tried to use it like a stick: passing the soap through my beard and then facelathering. In this way I got a wonderful luxury foam and I could finally appreciate its properties! IMHO is the best value for money soap (probably there's better soap around, but no so cheap) in the market, with a really good post-shave. For me, the best british soap you can got, much better than a TOBS, T&H, DR Harris or Geo F. Trumper. The only con is the scent, it would be wonderful if the soapmaker decide to make a quality fraganced range like Razorock for example.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom