My Ikon slant (stainless steel) matched up with a Feather blade is fantastic. Smooth, easy to use and I've become really quick with it for work day shaves, close to BBS most of the time. BBS for weekends when I take it slow.......Damn, now you guys have got me thinking about another one in black. This hobby was supposed to save me money

Cheers,
BR

ok, so my B1 Deluxe arrived yesterday..... I grabbed my Duke3 Best, and whipped up some Phoenix and Beau Unscented...well, after many happy years of using a Weber ARC, this razor is a step up...firstly, it is noticeably more aggressive than the Weber, but is so smooth, that it's a very comfortable razor to use.. it took care my 3 day growth with ease, whereas normally, I would have had to make numerous passes to feel right. A definite thumbs up from me!!

I haven't tried that many razors, but of the ones I own I can say it is more aggressive than an Edwin Jagger DE86 and less aggressive than a Muhle R41. It's closer to the DE86 though.

Roughly how aggressive would users place the B1 deluxe?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The below pretty subjective of course but, I'd say:
Efficient: 8/10 (gets a really close shave with low effort and low number of passes (2)), and
Aggressive: 6/10 (slightly above medium. The OC makes it look and 'feel' a bit more aggressive than it is I think. In the end there is, to me, a very low risk of cutting yourself).
(I would give, say, a King Cobra an aggressive rating of 8/10).

My definition of aggressive: Bark or Bite - likelihood it will cut you during a regular shave if you don't pay attention.

I don't know about the deluxe, but the B1 OC I use requires a touch more care and attention compared to my usual facial weapon of choice in an R89, but the difference is an overall closer more satisfying shave. I really love this head. Far less clogging in to the bargain.

In my case used on an ATT Colossus. No lightweight handle by any means, but a very nice match.

The below pretty subjective of course but, I'd say:
Efficient: 8/10 (gets a really close shave with low effort and low number of passes (2)), and
Aggressive: 6/10 (slightly above medium. The OC makes it look and 'feel' a bit more aggressive than it is I think. In the end there is, to me, a very low risk of cutting yourself).
(I would give, say, a King Cobra an aggressive rating of 8/10).

My definition of aggressive: Bark or Bite - likelihood it will cut you during a regular shave if you don't pay attention.
The Ikon name the OC as the Deluxe.
Some call it the OC.

It's the same razor.
I don't know about the deluxe, but the B1 OC I use requires a touch more care and attention compared to my usual facial weapon of choice in an R89, but the difference is an overall closer more satisfying shave. I really love this head. Far less clogging in to the bargain.

In my case used on an ATT Colossus. No lightweight handle by any means, but a very nice match.

I sold my Wolfman OC a week or so ago. That was my "old faithful" razor, that I'd fall back on when I couldn't work out what to use. So the question was, what would replace it.

I've clocked up some days with the B1 Deluxe now, and I love it even more than when I originally posted this. I would probably revise my description to say that it's on the aggressive side of medium. Wolfman withdrawal symptoms are not too bad, after all!

Back
Top Bottom