How many are you holding "in stock"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hunnymonster said:
Me: 1405 at the moment... spread across 6 brands (UK NOS Wilkinson Sword, Derby, Blue Bird, Shark, Feather, Red IP)

Target is to be autonomously supplied for the rest of my life (estimating I need about another 45-50 years worth) with a bit of spare in case my lad (coming up 7) decides to partake when the time comes
I have gone for samples of as many brands and types as possible in my short DE career:
20 Rapira (red and blue) Super Stainless
20 Iridium Super
20 Bolsano Superinox
10 Gillette Super Platinum (black)
3 Gillette Sharp Edge (yellow)
4 Gillette Permasharp (green)
8 Superdrug Dorco 301; 3 Dorco branded 301s
4 Dorco 300
3 Astra green
4 Astra Keramic
3 Lord Super Stainless (white packaging)
4 Lord Super Stainless (green and blue packaging)
9 Lord SuperChrome
4 Lord Platinum
8 Croma Diamant
8 Kai
3 Treet Platinum
9 Treet Carbon black
3 Bic Chrome
4 Asco orange
4 Crown
10 Wilkinson Sword India
4 Big Ben
20 Bluebird
8 Merkur

I have bulk of Astra Super Stainless (my favourite all-rounder so far) at 100; about 70 Shark; 90 Feather; 85 Israeli Shaving Shack and 190 Supermax Stainless (blue packet).
Oh, and 180 Trig

Yet to try but on my wish list are Gillette Super Thin, Bleue, Timor, Nacet, Topaz, tiger, \Sharp and anything you guys recommend for someone who likes a sharp, cheap but not aggressive blade (e.g. I find Bluebird and the Gillettes to be aggressive; Derby too aggressive)

NotTheStig said:
Yet to try but on my wish list are Gillette Super Thin, Bleue, Timor, Nacet, Topaz, tiger, \Sharp and anything you guys recommend for someone who likes a sharp, cheap but not aggressive blade (e.g. I find Bluebird and the Gillettes to be aggressive; Derby too aggressive)

I don't see any mention of Personna blades on there - the so called Red Pack Israeli... they're soft, strong and very very long (or something). Or Shark... both worth a spin.

NotTheStig said:
hunnymonster said:
Me: 1405 at the moment... spread across 6 brands (UK NOS Wilkinson Sword, Derby, Blue Bird, Shark, Feather, Red IP)

Target is to be autonomously supplied for the rest of my life (estimating I need about another 45-50 years worth) with a bit of spare in case my lad (coming up 7) decides to partake when the time comes
I have gone for samples of as many brands and types as possible in my short DE career:
20 Rapira (red and blue) Super Stainless
20 Iridium Super
20 Bolsano Superinox
10 Gillette Super Platinum (black)
3 Gillette Sharp Edge (yellow)
4 Gillette Permasharp (green)
8 Superdrug Dorco 301; 3 Dorco branded 301s
4 Dorco 300
3 Astra green
4 Astra Keramic
3 Lord Super Stainless (white packaging)
4 Lord Super Stainless (green and blue packaging)
9 Lord SuperChrome
4 Lord Platinum
8 Croma Diamant
8 Kai
3 Treet Platinum
9 Treet Carbon black
3 Bic Chrome
4 Asco orange
4 Crown
10 Wilkinson Sword India
4 Big Ben
20 Bluebird
8 Merkur

I have bulk of Astra Super Stainless (my favourite all-rounder so far) at 100; about 70 Shark; 90 Feather; 85 Israeli Shaving Shack and 190 Supermax Stainless (blue packet).
Oh, and 180 Trig

Dont get rid of those blades once you have settled on the few of choice (stash worthy). Put them to the back of the draw and bring them back out after 6 - 12 months and have another run with them, youll be surprised at what you find.

140 Feather
140 Super Iridium

And about 50 others - Derby, Zorrik, Treet, 7 o'clock yellows, Astra - the remnants of a sample pack from Paul at the beginning of this particular adventure, and a few generous PIF's from other members.

About 700-800 shaves, I reckon. Not enough to be accused of hoarding!

Regards

Ian

Thanks hunny. I already have the sharks and am impressed by them. Definitely in my top 10. Haven't tried crystal ip, red Personna because they all appear to be similar to the unbranded israeli blades from shaving shack. Do you know which of these (if any) it is?

not that many

maybe 40 or so red ip's
20-30 swedes
and one, two or three of:
DSC00065.JPG

A few injectors and se's

and five or six straights

At last count about 720,
250 + Gillette of various types, 300+ Jewels, Sharks, Personna, Treet, Derby, and a few that I forget...............think I should buy some more in case there is a world blade shortage soon............. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dont get rid of those blades once you have settled on the few of choice (stash worthy). Put them to the back of the draw and bring them back out after 6 - 12 months and have another run with them, youll be surprised at what you find.
@RB73, I've only ever got rid of my Laser blades as they were truly painful for several days after.
I'm impressed with most of the blades I have and like to change between, say, a Trig and a Feather, or a Dorco 301 and an Iridium Super, just to remind myself what I like about each. Although was disappointed in the Big Ben a few months back. I'll leave it another three or four months like you say then try again and see if I feel any different.

I will have to do what hunnymonster suggested and get some Red Personna (if they are not the Shaving Shack Israelis I have loads of). Would appreciate any advice on this although I know this isn't the place to post for that.

Spending an hour or so on here last night I've already ordered a 10 pack of the old Gillette Bleue as they seem so well regarded, and these ones should pre-date the factory changeover/whatever.

I've also ordered 100 Treet Platinum as they seem very good. The black carbons look great but seem to take 5 or 6 passes to barely get just a DFS for me, but still like them for some reason :-S

Seen 600 Supermax blue on ebay for £13.99 inc delivery and am sorely tempted.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom