How many are you holding "in stock"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me: 1405 at the moment... spread across 6 brands (UK NOS Wilkinson Sword, Derby, Blue Bird, Shark, Feather, Red IP)

Target is to be autonomously supplied for the rest of my life (estimating I need about another 45-50 years worth) with a bit of spare in case my lad (coming up 7) decides to partake when the time comes

I would guesstimate (because I'm in work and can't count them) at around 60, being a relative newbie I am holding back on purchasing large batches of any one blade.

I've just checked and I have six packs of Feathers and three packs of Derbys. Enough to last a few months. Looking to settle on a regular blade soon so will start checking out other brands in the near future.

about 150ish at the mo

i got the 125 sample pack from Paul plus i have some others as well as SE's and Injector blades.

no where near settling on a favourite blade but it won't be Merkur

Nearing 40 different kinds of blades tried and I still don't have a favourite. Some work better in particular razors and dependant on the mood I am in, the soap I am using and other factors I pick a blade and go with that. Of my collection there are about 10 I would rate as worth having in bulk. Others were nice to try but am not going to but any more of.

If anyone has any particular blade they want to try send me a message and I will se if I have a couple I can send.

Must admit I do like the silver blues, I have a couple of hundred of these. They are a great blade in terms of working well in any razorI have tried them in. Also very consistant not had a duffer yet.

Paul

i'm sure Magicpixie was after some SE blades to try but i think you were out of stock?

he should be joining this forum soon

I have had to discontinue all the SE blades except the Gem Coated Stainless. I have a couple packs PAL & maybe some Treet, but I believe theses coated ones are the same as the Super Stainless, well they shave the same to me. I added a 10-pack option to the coated also.

I have about 100 or so spread over a few brands.
Feather, Kai, treet blue/dura, Shaving shack, wilkinson.

Feathers are my fave in both my razors, so smooth. I don't find them any worse for cuts/nicks but razor burn is more common.

C

Audiolab said:
Nearing 40 different kinds of blades tried and I still don't have a favourite. Some work better in particular razors and dependant on the mood I am in, the soap I am using and other factors I pick a blade and go with that. Of my collection there are about 10 I would rate as worth having in bulk. Others were nice to try but am not going to but any more of.

If anyone has any particular blade they want to try send me a message and I will se if I have a couple I can send.

one of my favourites was Nacet (got from Paul as samples when I bought my Merkur HD). Can't find them anywhere now :evil: Nothing else I've tried comes close (pun intended)

PaulH said:
Audiolab said:

one of my favourites was Nacet (got from Paul as samples when I bought my Merkur HD). Can't find them anywhere now :evil: Nothing else I've tried comes close (pun intended)

Paul,

I might still have some Nacets; if I find any you can have them.

Rik.

Magicpixie said:
PaulH said:
Audiolab said:

Paul,

I might still have some Nacets; if I find any you can have them.

Rik.

Thanks Rik, PM sent

pdmayhew said:
I have 3,000 Gillette Silver Blues (Czech) & a just a few packs of 35 other types of blade.

Are they all for personal use?

They are a very good blade although I think the best blade from your sampler pack was the Nacet (also made in the Czech Republic). A shame they're no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom