Heavy razors are not necessarily the best.

Bruce,

My personal opinion regarding you was made within a very short time of you posting here, and whilst it has sometimes been very hard, I have chosen to refrain from posting my personal thoughts and opinions.

You have and continue to state that behaviour here is somewhat lacking in courtesy and the sometimes speedy *ad hominem* attacks meted out to members. If anybody with time to waste reads through these forums posts, they will discover that this really has only ever applied with regards to you.

Since this forum started I can only ever remember one such instance in which a member took offence to a posts response and that was categorically down to taking the word Bollox in the wrong context to which it was intended.

How many times have you commented on how quite this forum is? You may be mistaking quite periods with refraining from posting for postings sake. You may notice that on another forum the constant repeat of singular same as posts grinding down the boards.

The freedom that you and I are given on this forum to discuss and respond is the most lenient of all the shave related forums, this in turn helps to stop one sided comments and sales pitches and constant bombardment of one persons views without having some balance thrown in, and as we are all adults, leads to finding the middle ground in regards to information wanted.

The same leniency that has seen you not being banned with regards to some of your snide remarks in relation to comparing this site with another. (Believe me if it was the other way around and picked up by a mod you would be long gone).

The history of this forums origins is still fresh enough in many members minds, that if you where to take the time in researching the** WHOLE** story behind it, you would recognise how much freedom you are given for your views and in those answering.

Many of your posts suffer the reader with a view of being spoken down too, this illusion of grandeur within your delivery automatically puts many people’s backs up. Your obvious ignorance of this trait leads to the assumption that you are not posting for debate of any given subject, but of an opinion already formed which doesn’t allow for anybody else’s questions or queries not in line with it.

*Appealing to people's emotions and prejudices instead of their ability to think*
The complete opposite in fact.

**WHOLE**
On this forum, this relates to no doctoring or sanitizing of posts and threads for ones own agenda.

sunburyboy93 said:
Pig Cat said:
sunburyboy93 said:
Steve (aged 12 and 3/4)

I think this article explains Steve's protective behaviour of us all seeing as he's an adolescent.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/2010/08/young-people-identify-online-community-strongly-family/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/2010/08/y ... ly-family/</a><!-- m -->

i bloody love you guys you know, your like brothers to me and nanny Sharon is like the sister i never had !!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I do believe i am filling up :oops:

moodymick said:
I do believe i am filling up :oops:

if you were not so far away mate i would drive over for a hug !!!!
th_crying.gif
:oops: :oops: :oops:

you guys are awsome
th_crying.gif
:oops: :oops:

Many people starting out on the road to DE shaving myself included, start with a cheap razor from Boots or Tesco’s, these being very light razors usually result in the user applying pressure. Couple this with the ingrained method of shaving with a multi blade razor will usually lead to many cuts and a very discouraging end result.

I wonder how many people have tried the above once and never returned?

I prefer a heavier razor and as such would recommend a newer starter to acquire one as their first stepping stone. This added weight may result in the user being more aware of the lack of applied pressure needed/not needed.

Technique is gained through practice, each razor and blade combo is different and as such one rule doesn’t apply to any other. But to remove or highlight one factor from the starting equation may help in achieving a better start in building technique.

Sunbury,

I came across the sellotape dispenser supplier in China, this could be of use in your blog. This could be like a sticky pussy for you.

cat.jpg

on the subject of heavy razors I personally prefer something between 50-80(ish) grams mostly for day to day use but I do enjoy using both lighter aluminum and heavier steel Futur type razors, I don't believe that one is better than the other just because of weight. They all work well, it is really adjusting your technique to suit the razor/blade combination.

JohnnyO said:
I now confidently await some lateral thinker expounding the virtue of shaving with a sharpened quill razor, always allowing that the feather comes from a rare raptor located only on one mountain peak in the Andes which moults once every seven years.

Not me mate!

• What I was thinking though, *pauses for all the exasperated sighs, groans and foreheads smashing down onto desktops*
          • ... was:
            • ... that, well,
              • ... I wondered if folks thought
                • ... if it would better or worse ...
                    • ... to take an open comb razor head, and sharpen the flat ends as sharp as possible, to aid the blade in its job of removing one's stubble?

• ... and when's the next time that those bird moulting season quills come available?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Audiolab said:
Sunbury,

I came across the sellotape dispenser supplier in China, this could be of use in your blog. This could be like a sticky pussy for you.

cat.jpg

on the subject of heavy razors I personally prefer something between 50-80(ish) grams mostly for day to day use but I do enjoy using both lighter aluminum and heavier steel Futur type razors, I don't believe that one is better than the other just because of weight. They all work well, it is really adjusting your technique to suit the razor/blade combination.

That is quite nice, but i think to appeal to the mass market they might have to change the colour as that one looks slightly "ginger" and whilst i am not fussed, not everyone like a ginger pussy...... :oops: :oops: nanny sharon if you are reading this later i do apologise for the filthy
way this post is heading, i consider myself a gentleman, but some of these boys are dirty feckers !!!!!

My personal preference is for a Heavier Razor, i use the Futur and Fatboy mostly as a preference, then a slim, i also have a Feather Portable and a Gillette Tech Head with a SS Handle to up the weight slightly.

i also have a regular Tech and a Knack as Travel razors, both alot lighter than the above but both give good shaves, so my technique must be reasonable.

Steve

Having just perused the thread on self identification with the Forums we select I'm not sure whether to feel concerned that I'm part of Nick the Greeks "Peer Group" or highly flattered. My big consolation on this one is that Steve's possibly just as concerned to discover that I'm his peer !

& I knew that I'd love your original take on shaving implements U/Hermit. What's the betting that someone comes up with techy specs to implement the idea.

JohnnyO. :roll:

JohnnyO said:
Having just perused the thread on self identification with the Forums we select I'm not sure whether to feel concerned that I'm part of Nick the Greeks "Peer Group" or highly flattered. My big consolation on this one is that Steve's possibly just as concerned to discover that I'm his peer !

& I knew that I'd love your original take on shaving implements U/Hermit. What's the betting that someone comes up with techy specs to implement the idea.

JohnnyO. :roll:

;) ;)

Bruceonshaving said:
What a nice community this is where members launch into ad hominem attacks at the drop of a hat. It is really big and brave to do that from a position of anonymity.

You guys are behaving like 12 year olds and should be ashamed of yourselves.

It is no wonder that this forum is so quiet when behaviour like this is tolerated. Who wants to post here when all they are likely to receive in reply is a random personal attack.

Maybe you could answer this then, if that is really how you feel why do you continue to post here?
As I see it the possibilities are:-
  1. Masochism
  2. You actually enjoy the conflict and are actually trolling, albeit subtly.
  3. You see the importance of posting regularly so that the link in your signature is picked up by more and more search bots thus increasing your search engine ratings for your blog.

Back
Top Bottom