Have you ever used up a soap?

Creams yes, soaps I have almost finished a sample puck of Nannys French Lavender. And don't get me started on MWF, it seems to regenerate when you leave it also as it does get used it now rattles around the ceramic tub to the point I now just rub it around my chops and face lather as trying to hold the sodding thing still to get it to lather in the bowl is a nightmare.

I've finished in two and a half years:
Palmolive cream tube
Erasmic cream tube
Ingrams cream tube
Palmolive soap stick
TOBS Almond cream
TOBS unscented cream (probably a reject. Fleabay)

hunnymonster said:
2 MWF, 3 Proraso soaps, 1 Omega soap, 4 Wilkinson Sword sticks, 2 Haslinger soaps, 1 Palmolive stick....

I don't count the Wilki Blue Bowl because it's still in my toolbox :)

Now I can add a Nanny's Spicy One... that seemed to regenerate itself too - I hit "pot bottom" (when you can see bottom of the container - usually in the middle) some time ago and it lasted almost 2 months from then...

I've gone through three palmolive sticks fully since August last year, but my other creams/soaps (Palmolive cream, Boots cream, Supermax cream, Derby Menthol, Nanny's Ice&Slice tub) are all less than 10% used.

I must start using up the creams when this current palmolive stick finally gives up the ghost (about two weeks I reckon) as apart from Nanny's which is a weekend treat, the others are all ok but not outstanding, and take up more storage room than the sticks!

Dipesh said:
Morning all,

I was just wondering if anyone else has used up a full shaving soap before?

To date, I haven't but I'm very close. Here's a pic of my Cella bowl:

086588e1.jpg

It's strangely satisfying!

Congrats! LMMFAO! I'm nowhere close to that. As far as creams only C.O.Bigelow.

SiR-ed8 said:
Dipesh said:
Morning all,

I was just wondering if anyone else has used up a full shaving soap before?

To date, I haven't but I'm very close. Here's a pic of my Cella bowl:

086588e1.jpg

It's strangely satisfying!

Congrats! LMMFAO! I'm nowhere close to that. As far as creams only C.O.Bigelow.

Thanks Ivan, great to see you back!

That cella has long gone now. My current soaps are not worth posting a pic of, they are almost full!

Since back DE shaving have used 1 MWF am now half way through my second, but have also a Prof. B. and some Palmolive rotating so will be a while before I finish any more for a bit.

Dipesh said:
... Nannys will be my next soap until its done... He says..

I've nearly finished a tub os TOBS 'Eton' which I decided I was sticking to until it was finished :exclamation:

... until I fancied the occasional change of course :blush:

Not once have I finished up a soap. Creams, plenty, but soap just seems to last and last. Then again, these days i, fairly infrequent in my wetshaves so im not a heavy user per se. Would like to finish one one day!

I've only been shaving with a brush and soap for 6 months, so I've hardly any experience on the matter, but the mileage from certain creams and soaps are genuinely astounding. I've used a tub of TOBS almost exclusively for at least 5 months of that and I reckon my Palmolive stick (currently pressed into a Bonne Maman jam jar) will last another 2 months of near-enough exclusive use. 50p for 3 months - small wonder I've left canned gels/foams behind!

Burgundy said:
I've only been shaving with a brush and soap for 6 months, so I've hardly any experience on the matter, but the mileage from certain creams and soaps are genuinely astounding. I've used a tub of TOBS almost exclusively for at least 5 months of that and I reckon my Palmolive stick (currently pressed into a Bonne Maman jam jar) will last another 2 months of near-enough exclusive use. 50p for 3 months - small wonder I've left canned gels/foams behind!

took me a year to get through my puck of tabac

surprised it lasted that long, thanks to the enablers here ive now got other soaps as well and planning on getting more

Back
Top Bottom