Have you ever used up a soap?

Yes - I used a whole disc of Crabtree and Evelyn soap within a week. The reason was that last year just before buying a DE razor, I used the soap with a King Of Shaves Azor razor.

The combination of razor and soap was not right at all and I ended up with a sore face - so maybe don't use soaps with cartridge razors.

So I used the soap for showering with instead, and got great clean results. Not a bad way to use a shaving soap if you get soreness from shaving with it.

Tim B said:
Yes - I used a whole disc of Crabtree and Evelyn soap within a week. The reason was that last year just before buying a DE razor, I used the soap with a King Of Shaves Azor razor.

The combination of razor and soap was not right at all and I ended up with a sore face - so maybe don't use soaps with cartridge razors.

So I used the soap for showering with instead, and got great clean results. Not a bad way to use a shaving soap if you get soreness from shaving with it.

Nasty!

Perished said:
Tim B said:

I used Crabtree and Evelyn Sandlewood for a couple of years in my yup time. Since I started shaving I used carts, tho never more than 3 blades. But always with soap and brush. Since july 2009 I am on DE and after that SE.

Creams yes, but I haven't yet managed to finish a puck of soap.
Unless I use them as wash soap like Tim B, I dont think I'll ever finish one.
I enjoy being able to choose from so many though.
regards, beejay.

Before I started DE shaving several Boots round pucks a year, since using a DE razor (year and half) 3 Speick sticks, Nanny's 100g lime, and several creams.

I suspect if you live in a hard water area you go through the product a lot more quickly than if you live a soft water area.

Regards
Kevin

Kevin said:
Before I started DE shaving several Boots round pucks a year, since using a DE razor (year and half) 3 Speick sticks, Nanny's 100g lime, and several creams.

I suspect if you live in a hard water area you go through the product a lot more quickly than if you live a soft water area.

Regards
Kevin

True. I live in an ultra soft water area and 6 secs is enough to load almost any of my brushes (except for my Polo 14). I've used up Cella before (usually I fill up before it ends though, but this was pretty much my only soap, before I met you soap enabling sons of ¤%#&#¤) and I'm close on two or three, but most of my soaps aren't going to be finished any time soon.

Kevin said:

Regards
Kevin

yeah ive noticed that, it was aggravating at first. at gran parents it took 6 secs to get loads of lather, here it takes loads

and the lather is never as good either :dodgy:

(most of the way through a tub of tabac, got it july, only shaved every other day till straight was honed by ralfy. how often do you guys hone your razor's/ send them off?)

In fact, I may have got through a couple of Wilkinson Sword soap bowls, and an Erasmic soap bowl at some point as well, back in the 1990s when I first DE shaved.

Pig Cat said:
Ken T M said:
Pig Cat said:
Wil said:
I have been wetshaving with soap and brush for 35 years... Usually a puck lasts me 2 months, so some 200 pucks...

Wow, only two months! Is this for a particular soap or have you used a variety?

He must have a massive face.

Or he routinely shave other areas of his body. :s

he must be doing the same as a friend of mine

they start with head then work there way down to there toes

Back
Top Bottom