Have you ever used up a soap?

My first tube of Erasmic sent to me from Blyth Spirit was wrung out of product a week ago and a metal tub of Sharon's Herby One was emptied and the SS bowl remains in my travel kit. I have one lavender puck that has a few more shaves in it and that's it for the final countdown so far. And that is a good thing! I have a cupboard full of "Selections" that need to be reduced. R/Rob

3 shaves with a chubby 2 later. I'm almost there!!

2c1d6f0f.jpg

Pig Cat said:
Wil said:
I have been wetshaving with soap and brush for 35 years... Usually a puck lasts me 2 months, so some 200 pucks...

Wow, only two months! Is this for a particular soap or have you used a variety?

A variety: Vergulde Hand, Sanders, Erasmic, TFS, C&E, Bottega Verde. I am using Klar Kabinett now. That should last longer
And: I only shave my face...:icon_razz:

Wil said:
Pig Cat said:
Wil said:
I have been wetshaving with soap and brush for 35 years... Usually a puck lasts me 2 months, so some 200 pucks...

Wow, only two months! Is this for a particular soap or have you used a variety?

A variety: Vergulde Hand, Sanders, Erasmic, TFS, C&E, Bottega Verde. I am using Klar Kabinett now. That should last longer
And: I only shave my face...:icon_razz:

Well still not sure how you manage such a high turnover, but actually I wish I used up soap quicker as it would be an excuse to try more and more.

My cella is now gone. I can't believe I've done it!

Now to finish my Tabac in my old spice mug. I love using tabac on cold days :)

1 tube of Palmolive, 1 tube of Ingrams and a tub of TOBs Sandalwood cream..........and my MWF is just about to turn into a polo mint......so guess that should be finished in a year or so.............:dodgy:

2 bowls of Monsavon since October 2010. I'm probably loading far too much onto the brush but it only costs me €1.50 a tub so don't really care. ;)
Thinking about acquiring some alternatives when I visit the UK next month.

MdC is officially dead. Here's the two contenders jockeying for position, I think the DR Harris is going to win out. I'll have to shape the cake to fit the bowl, otherwise there'll be a void underneath it.

4acbe0b6-1.jpg

Well done James! Feels good don't it? Marlborough works quite well as a wintery scent in a tabac sort of way for me.

My plan of attack is to use up my odds and ends, then only use one soap at a time. I've notice if you chop and change less, there's less chance of having a bad shave.

Saying that today I've changed from Tabac to Nannys.

Nannys will be my next soap until its done... He says..

proraso green, castle forbes lime, Locitane cade, t&h 1805, t&h cream sample pack, fitjar lighthouse.

In rotation now are nannys yoshu, grapefruit and lemongrass, arabian nights, & TOBS sandalwood cream.

Dipesh said:
Morning all,

I was just wondering if anyone else has used up a full shaving soap before?

To date, I haven't but I'm very close. Here's a pic of my Cella bowl:

086588e1.jpg

It's strangely satisfying!

A fine achievement...well done. I will try hard to get through my Taylors Rose next month......

Back
Top Bottom