Have you ever used up a soap?

I'm trying to drag out the last third of my DR Harris Arlington for as long as possible. Don't want to buy any more soaps for a while or I will keep spending when I already have too many. The less used ones would just stay less used

NotTheStig said:
I'm trying to drag out the last third of my DR Harris Arlington for as long as possible. Don't want to buy any more soaps for a while or I will keep spending when I already have too many. The less used ones would just stay less used

Take a synthetic brush: you will use less soap per shave then.

Re: RE: Have you ever used up a soap?

shanky887614 said:
Burgundy said:
I've only been shaving with a brush and soap for 6 months, so I've hardly any experience on the matter, but the mileage from certain creams and soaps are genuinely astounding. I've used a tub of TOBS almost exclusively for at least 5 months of that and I reckon my Palmolive stick (currently pressed into a Bonne Maman jam jar) will last another 2 months of near-enough exclusive use. 50p for 3 months - small wonder I've left canned gels/foams behind!

took me a year to get through my puck of tabac

surprised it lasted that long, thanks to the enablers here ive now got other soaps as well and planning on getting more

Tabac. Wonderful creamy lather, but that scent got to me after a while. Had to discontinue using it, couldn't take it. Such a shame.

No still haven't, I had been using proraso creme for 6 months and now I have been using De Vergulde Hand and I already see it going take some time until I finish the soap, but I think I will finish it all, I wont't trow anything away.

very close to killing off a professor Blighty's Rum and Coconut. Its a funny feeling.....glad to get it over with having focussed on using it up and moving on. Yet will miss an excellent soap( just as well I have 3 others). Don't want to buy another simply because there are so many others I want to try. I recommend Prof's stuff though.

I completely used a few, mainly creams; a few tubs of TOBS and T&H. Proraso, a bowl of Tabac and several others. I am striving to finish mu bowl of AOS Sandlewood just now. I have two refills, one Lavender and one sandalwood I sought before AOS withdrew from the UK market.

I have probably 20(ish) soaps I use and I tend to pick out half a soaps and use them for a month or so then swap them round. I do have a good few NOS soaps and ones that they stopped making or changed the formula like Safari

Not sure if I will use when I get through the ones in use now or sell them on.

Back
Top Bottom