Flag watch.

I enjoy 'supporting' England during the world cup . I've received a few semi-serious death threats.
I reckon flying the St.George's cross would'nt be noticed most think the English flag is the 'union jack' ,now that would probably get my house firebombed.

spandexcodpiece said:
hunnymonster said:
Not many St. George's crosses went up around here... not sure why though :? :D
Hi hunny! ...any more detail on this one, and we run the risk of going into "dodgy" territory I reckon. What say you, are you up for it, are you in super mischievous mood ?

Around here so long as there isn't a Calcutta Cup match in progress (or about to happen), it probably wouldn't attract any attention... even then it would be light-hearted joshing and japery (like setting fire to the letterbox, punch in the face that kind of thing).

Thank God I'm not alone. You may or may not be surprised to hear that I too lack interest in football. And what I find really really annoying are women who sit around the table on a night out talking to all the men about football - leaving me with no-one at all to talk to about nappy rash, recipies, knitting and all the things that fascinate me. ;) My eyes literally do visably glaze over when the conversation turns to soccer.
Although I have been known to go to Hennessy's in Birmingham when Ireland was doing well in the world cup :oops:

What I find even funnier is that once the season ends, the blokes at work have nothing to talk to each other about and they're unable to communicate until the season starts up again. Then it's back to the never-ending armchair punditry that's enough to drive any sane non-footy person over the edge. Banal witterings by men who have an unhealthy, obsessive interest in other men who wear skimpy shorts and like to cuddle each other a lot.... ;)

And when they're not cuddling they're rolling around on the ground as though they have a near fatal injury, only to leap up and canter off when it doesn't have the desired effect. No disrespect to those who are injured genuinely, before I get bombarded with that - we had a young lad who used to work for us, who got a little way up in the selection process, then injured his knee, and that was the end of that. Years later he's had to have an operation on it, and no doubt it's an injury that will stay with him for life.
Next door neighbour has been well nigh crippled for ages with a hamstring injury, which she has no idea how she sustained, although she does jog and ride a bike. She had to have an operation, and was on crutches for ages. Still limping. Personally, I think walking and a little gentle yoga are far safer than all this exercise we're all exhorted to take. I do accept they're not very exciting to watch.....
I have a feeling Pig Cat may find something to disagree with there. :roll:

spandexcodpiece said:
Tony_B said:
SWMBO put our St Georges flag up yesterday and it will stay up until England win the World Cup this year :roll:
Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear! I suppose you realise Tony that whilst you have your flag up, your property has been devalued by approx. 50% and none of your neighbours will be able to sell their houses until you and I daresay one or two others around you have taken them down again. And it's got absolutely nothing to do with patriotism!

All the best,

spandex.. :p

Don't get that, could you explain fella.

soapalchemist said:
Thank God I'm not alone. You may or may not be surprised to hear that I too lack interest in football. And what I find really really annoying are women who sit around the table on a night out talking to all the men about football - leaving me with no-one at all to talk to about nappy rash, recipies, knitting and all the things that fascinate me. ;) My eyes literally do visably glaze over when the conversation turns to soccer.
Although I have been known to go to Hennessy's in Birmingham when Ireland was doing well in the world cup :oops:

What’s this soccer thingy?

The BNP adopt the Union Jack not the English cross of St George...

200px-BNP_logo.svg.png

Back
Top Bottom