Flag watch.

The Football World Cup juggernaut will be with us soon enough...for the first time I noticed some cars with the fluttering Jack six weeks ahead of schedule.

Unless they legalise flaming crossbows in that time I'm leaving for a month.

Pig Cat said:
Perhaps TSR should have a Football section. So I know what to avoid at all cost! :evil:
Be very, very careful about whom you confide that sort of thing to.
I was once imprudent enough to express a lack of interest in football and this was at once taken as further proof of elitism and intellectual snobbery.
So be warned.

Tony_B said:
SWMBO put our St Georges flag up yesterday and it will stay up until England win the World Cup this year :roll:
Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear! I suppose you realise Tony that whilst you have your flag up, your property has been devalued by approx. 50% and none of your neighbours will be able to sell their houses until you and I daresay one or two others around you have taken them down again. And it's got absolutely nothing to do with patriotism!

All the best,

spandex.. :p

I'm another one with only a passive interest in football. If England did get to the Semi's or beyond I might just watch them out of a sense of patriotism but that's all and only if I didn't have anything else to do.

In my 'tear-away' days I followed Forest (I was at Hilsborough and seemed to spend many sunny afternoons at Wembley) until I became nothing more than a walking wallet for the chairman.

Then I followed England - watching them play in Georgia (the Russian one, not America), Italy, Switzerland, Poland and France. I did the whole World Cup in '98 watching Owen score his great goal, Beckham getting sent off and Batty's penalty miss.

Turned my back on International football when all my 'loyalty points' with the Travel Club were re-set and tickets became a bit of a lottery.

Now I go and watch Hucknall Town who are about 150 places below Chelsea.

I can honestly say, I know very little about football and find the 90 minutes of play to be the most boring part of any of my awaydays or home games. I never watch it on TV . . . unless the TV happens to be in a pub and I have been in the pub for a couple of hours.

joe mcclaine said:
St George's Day yesterday probably explains the flags rather than the World Cup coming up.
..I dunno about that joe, you have a closer look! You might see that one or two flags have been taken down, but the majority are still in place - more's the pity!! INGERL-U-U-N-N-D, INGERL-U-U-N-N-D! Heh,Heh,Heh..

spandex.. :lol: :roll:

hunnymonster said:
Not many St. George's crosses went up around here... not sure why though :? :D
Hi hunny! ...any more detail on this one, and we run the risk of going into "dodgy" territory I reckon. What say you, are you up for it, are you in super mischievous mood ?

spandex.. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom