ES Claymore SE Razor

IMO as interest in DE shaving increases, then prices increase out of proportion.
I can see it becoming like the boom in single malt Scotch Whisky, where many people now collect it and pay stupid prices, sometimes for new whiskies with little or no market exposure, with no intention of ever drinking it but rather to make a profit from it. This has unfortunately led to real devotees (I include myself) being unable to afford many of the latest offerings, and for the distilleries to rush new product to market, in many cases when it is inferior product.

Just give me a bottle of Glen Garioch and I can assure you it would never be a collectable. It would be gone before anyone asked 'How much would you..... ?'

Price has now gone down to £110 from £118 and due date updated to just June not June - July so hopefully it will be soon available to order.

Seeing this I don't think I'm too keen on the head design.
I will probably head over to Colonial and order one of theirs but they no longer have handles available so will need something matching.
Speaking from personal experience, the iKon Bulldog II, iKon OSS and ATT Bamboo handles all suit the General V2 head in terms of aesthetics and handling. @Tony'schin will back me with some of those recommendations. The Generals are great razors.

Yours is definitely the newer design. I've used both yours and Tony's handles. Your version works very well and is easy on the eye. The original version (Tony's) had a tendency to slip through my fingers and it lacks a certain something.

Odd that as it is usually me who lacks something. Common sense?

Last edited:
Interestingly ES have pictures up and their version will also come with the bone handle. £100 looks to be a great price for it. I'm tempted* to get the razor from ES now rather than Alpha.

*I say tempted as I really don't need another razor. I keep talking myself in and out of buying this. Damn you mindless consumerism!!

Interestingly ES have pictures up and their version will also come with the bone handle. £100 looks to be a great price for it. I'm tempted* to get the razor from ES now rather than Alpha.

*I say tempted as I really don't need another razor. I keep talking myself in and out of buying this. Damn you mindless consumerism!!
And now I'm on the notification list, I had put this one out of my mind, now my wife is going to blame you! Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom