ES Claymore SE Razor

Another one here where it keeps dropping in and out of the want list.

Not as pretty as I thought it would be and I don't like the handle much at all.

Do I hold out for the non-existent Rocnel magnetic and give it a miss?

Just looked at the ES site, am currently on the Alpha list.
What amazed me was the variety of One Blade offerings at rather stratospheric prices, which all use the same rather underrated blade. Does anybody buy some of the more expensive ones ?

What amazed me was the variety of One Blade offerings at rather stratospheric prices, which all use the same rather underrated blade. Does anybody buy some of the more expensive ones ?
I picked up a Genesis on a good deal second hand but I wouldn't have paid full price for it. I certainly wouldn't buy some of the limited edition variants - there's not enough capacity on a remortgage!

You are not alone. £1900 for a military grade black coating? What is with the 'military grade' thing? It is only a razor after all and probably the same boring shave as its much cheaper siblings. Even if I was rolling in cash I would never waste it on a mitary grade razor.

What some rubbish they push

You are not alone. £1900 for a military grade black coating? What is with the 'military grade' thing? It is only a razor after all and probably the same boring shave as its much cheaper siblings. Even if I was rolling in cash I would never waste it on a mitary grade razor.

I do like my Claymore V1, that is why I am going for The Evolution.
Prices for Shaving gear varies so much between suppliers always best to shop around.

Prices for Shaving gear varies so much between suppliers always best to shop around.
Could not agree more! It’s far cheaper to buy direct from OneBlade in America and pay the price additional delivery costs. OneBlade always seem to have reasonable discounts available.

I would have to do some major shopping around and then a decent divorce lawyer to make a £1900 razor look feasible.

And still have a dull shave

Reactions: ATG

Bought a Oneblade core for £20. Used it for about 9 months as my daily driver. Saw the genesis for a decent price so "upgraded". Used it for a couple months and never really got on with it. Sold it and went back to the Core. :ROFLMAO:

Visited the ESC this morning for a few bits and pieces and had a blether with Brian, who as always was more than helpful.

He allowed me a chance to look at the new Claymore. It looks an awesome piece of kit. The finish on it was second to none and it’s heft was good. It didn’t seem as heavy as the older V1 with the head feeling noticeably lighter, but overall it felt well balanced. The handle may divide opinion though I liked it. Felt grippy. ESC are hoping to have the razor available very soon.

Hopefully I can get my hands on one!

Last edited:
Visited the ESC this morning for a few bits and pieces and had a blether with Brian, who as always was more than helpful.

He allowed me a chance to look at the new Claymore. It looks an awesome piece of kit. The finish on it was second to none and it’s heft was good. It didn’t seem as heavy as the older V1 with the head feeling noticeably lighter, but overall it felt well balanced. The handle may divide opinion though I liked it. Felt grippy. ESC are hoping to have the razor available very soon.

Hopefully I can get my hands on one!
I do like the look of the new Claymore. ESC have maintained a decent supply of the Outlaw razor so I'm sure the Claymore will become readily available after the initial rush to buy.

I'm getting straight in there for it though - bollocks to waiting! There's no logic to my approach however, given it will sit in the rack for a few months before I get around to using it.

Back
Top Bottom