ES Claymore SE Razor

Sub-£100 by the looks off it :

Head looks similar to the ATT SE1 Classic
Really impressed with the price. £99 seems good value.

Defo on my “want one” list.

Really impressed with the price. £99 seems good value.

Defo on my “want one” list.
I shaved again with the latest test piece this morning and the good news is we are now 100% satisfied with how the razor shaves. It's not as aggressive as the previous versions, we have changed the blade angle and we have marginally reduced blade exposure, combined these changes deliver a very efficient shave. The handles we will use are the same ones we use for The Outlaw DE razor so the matching Bullet Stand is also compatible with the Claymore Evolution.
All we have to do now is reduce the weight of the head and add some cosmetic changes and we will hopefully launch in the next few weeks.
Keep an eye out for the launch date, we will be announcing this across our social media channels and our emails.
Brian.

Turns out that this is not made this side of the pond. It will be made by Alpha's subcontractor (Hong Kong). I like Alpha gear so will probably get this but it's a factor you may want to consider.

I'm assuming the 'Made in Scotland' logo in the picture is a legacy head.
At least we now know it is not going to be a home grown product, not sure that I am so keen to get it as I was.

IMO as interest in DE shaving increases, then prices increase out of proportion.
I can see it becoming like the boom in single malt Scotch Whisky, where many people now collect it and pay stupid prices, sometimes for new whiskies with little or no market exposure, with no intention of ever drinking it but rather to make a profit from it. This has unfortunately led to real devotees (I include myself) being unable to afford many of the latest offerings, and for the distilleries to rush new product to market, in many cases when it is inferior product.

IMO as interest in DE shaving increases, then prices increase out of proportion.
I can see it becoming like the boom in single malt Scotch Whisky, where many people now collect it and pay stupid prices, sometimes for new whiskies with little or no market exposure, with no intention of ever drinking it but rather to make a profit from it. This has unfortunately led to real devotees (I include myself) being unable to afford many of the latest offerings, and for the distilleries to rush new product to market, in many cases when it is inferior product.
I think that's a pretty accurate summary. I count myself as a bit of a collector but a tight arsed one.

I didn't mean to cast any aspersions on collectors per se, I think we all collect something or other, and everyone I've read on this forum seems to have a genuine love of shaving.
But in the example I used, single malt, the problem seems to be with the growing number of people who have absolutely no interest in the product other than to buy up as much new product as possible to create a shortage and then flip it to turn a quick profit. There are even stories of algorithms being created to scan the whisky websites and snap up new releases before the public get a chance. I don't know if it's true, or possible even, but new whisky sells uncannily fast!

Back
Top Bottom