Droyt Shaving Soap - Made in England

Gairdner said:
Au contráire, Marvolo. 'Tis you who are the bad influence. alas, I cannot yet break free from the vintage Shulton Old Spice Monkey you have foisted upon me.

Just for you, my good sir. And to prove you've watched it, I expect a reply with the answer as to how much the black pudding costs. ;)

Ok now Big G (named after a huge US cereal company called General Mills), let me get this straight. You are saying what I just watched is good? All of it or just one part? Heh, doesn't matter. I didn't see anything like that at all.

Man, that was tough to hear. Thank God there was no video as well (slight shudder). As it is, I may have bad dreams. Eeeks!

Sounded like 18 pence was the price. I was soo glad I finally heard it at the end, since I was dreading having to go back and listen again. Whew.

Martin

dodgy said:
Gairdner said:
Au contráire, Marvolo. 'Tis you who are the bad influence. alas, I cannot yet break free from the vintage Shulton Old Spice Monkey you have foisted upon me.

Just for you, my good sir. And to prove you've watched it, I expect a reply with the answer as to how much the black pudding costs. ;)

Ok now Big G (named after a huge US cereal company called General Mills), let me get this straight. You are saying what I just watched is good? All of it or just one part? Heh, doesn't matter. I didn't see anything like that at all.

Man, that was tough to hear. Thank God there was no video as well (slight shudder). As it is, I may have bad dreams. Eeeks!

Sounded like 18 pence was the price. I was soo glad I finally heard it at the end, since I was dreading having to go back and listen again. Whew.

Martin

Aye, 18 pence. Bugger, I was hoping you wouldn't get it it first time! Giuseppe Verdi was the opera singer (Joe Green :icon_lol:). I'll send you some soap when I finally get round to sending that Super back. :blush:

Well, I couldn't resist a wee lather at it so nipped upstairs before my tea. A wee run under the hot tap for my brush and probably 15 to 20 seconds of working the soap in a circular motion. The label advises 'wiping' the brush across the soap then using the hand or a small bowl to lather so I just used me hand (as bloody usual, grrr :mad:) and it fairly exploded with lather. Obviously the lather has got to last and feel good on the skin with plenty cushion and glide so I painted my face but left out my neck and waited a minute or so. No noticeable degradation of the lather and it smells great - woody and masculine but not overpowering. I then did a single wtg pass and first impressions are good. Realistically, it'll take a few shaves to evaluate properly and remember I have very soft Scottish water but so far so good. Despite the low price it feels and smells fairly luxurious albeit in a very traditional manner.

Gairdner said:
Well, I couldn't resist a wee lather at it so nipped upstairs before my tea. A wee run under the hot tap for my brush and probably 15 to 20 seconds of working the soap in a circular motion. The label advises 'wiping' the brush across the soap then using the hand or a small bowl to lather so I just used me hand (as bloody usual, grrr :mad:) and it fairly exploded with lather. Obviously the lather has got to last and feel good on the skin with plenty cushion and glide so I painted my face but left out my neck and waited a minute or so. No noticeable degradation of the lather and it smells great - woody and masculine but not overpowering. I then did a single wtg pass and first impressions are good. Realistically, it'll take a few shaves to evaluate properly and remember I have very soft Scottish water but so far so good. Despite the low price it feels and smells fairly luxurious albeit in a very traditional manner.

Have you been taking enabling lessons from our friend across t'pond?

This darn place infected me with all sorts of ADs so I's gittin' me own back! Besides, if it's good British soap then I'll be buying a few cakes more come payday. Keep sniffin' it - the soap too.

Gairdner said:
Who's read all the thread then? Hee hee, sorry couldn't resist! :icon_lol:

I'll tell you one thing.........that avatar is creepin me out. I forgot to ask you about that last video (slight shudder). Now I'm pretty sure those two guys were speaking english, but neither of em sounded like Sir Richard Burton. It was seriously tough to fight through the accent.

You go ahead and keep that creepy avatar for a while and maybe I'll switch mine to Tiny Tim (the more talented US equivalent). See how you like that image tiptoeing through your head.

Perhaps Master Tim (that ain't no man, surely?) was more talented in the 'picking style' but there's few that played with as quick a right hand as good old George. Check out Steven Sproat on YouTube. ;)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCE1dAYgUvE[/video]

Not had me shave yet as I've been out making a mess in the 'gairden' again. In fact referring to it as a garden is rather stretching the description somewhat; bog is more like it. Anyhoo, if tha buys six soapies, them's £2 each and second class delivery is £2.20 making £14.20 in total. I don't know of any other British made shaving soap with such value. Though naturally, if it turns out to be keech, it doesn't matter how cheap it is.

Gairdner said:
Not had me shave yet as I've been out making a mess in the 'gairden' again. In fact referring to it as a garden is rather stretching the description somewhat; bog is more like it. Anyhoo, if tha buys six soapies, them's £2 each and second class delivery is £2.20 making £14.20 in total. I don't know of any other British made shaving soap with such value. Though naturally, if it turns out to be keech, it doesn't matter how cheap it is.

It does if you bout 6 bars :icon_razz:

Al H said:
Gairdner said:

:icon_lol:

That's why I's just got the one fer starters, me old son. :D

Imagine buying a 12 pack of ARKO, several bottles of Pinaud Lilac Vegetal and a couple of hundred Laser blades just cause you fancied them. Oooofffff!

Gairdner said:
Al H said:
Gairdner said:

:icon_lol:

That's why I's just got the one fer starters, me old son. :D

Imagine buying a 12 pack of ARKO, several bottles of Pinaud Lilac Vegetal and a couple of hundred Laser blades just cause you fancied them. Oooofffff!

:icon_razz:

I did buy 100 supermax :icon_razz: never again. I keep them in the boots for cleaning up :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom