Droyt Shaving Soap - Made in England

Aye, aye,

Here's the response I got from the Carbolic Soap Co. Please give your opinions.

Graeme

Hi Graeme, apologies for the delay in responding.

We have no problems stocking the Droyt shaving soap. Being a keen wet shaver myself I would be keen to try it.

Do you know whether there would be enough people to justify us bringing it in as we have just placed a large order with Droyt and have received it recently.

Kind regards

James.

Carbolic Soap Company Ltd.

The UK Division of the Columbus Washboard Company, Ltd. Est. 1895.

Registered in England & Wales No: 05590365. VAT No: 938 5667 69
Registered Office: Peills Courtyard, Bourne Road, Bromley, Kent BR2 9NS
Tel: 020 8460 9999
Fax: 020 8460 9981

Email:sales@carbolicsoap.com

This message is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised,as is any copying, disclosure or distribution. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible. Carbolic Soap Company Ltd and or its subsidiaries do not warrant that any attachments are free from defects or viruses and accept no liability for losses resulting from infected email transmissions. Any views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views of Carbolic Soap Company Ltd and/or associated companies

Sent: 07 September 2012 17:32
To: sales@carbolicsoap.com
Subject: Product Enquiry Enquiry from Carbolic Soap Company Ltd

Hello,

I am enquiring as to the possibility of yourselves stocking Droyt's shaving soap? You already stock a large number of Droyt's products and at least one other shaving soap, that being Mitchell's Wool Fat. I am a member of an online shaving forum by the name of The Shaving Room and there has been a good deal of discussion surrounding this shaving soap. Please view the discussion thread here: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-15284.html

As a relatively new member of this forum, I am always on the look out for quality, British-made shaving related products that have the potential to deliver excellent performance and this Droyt's product has piqued my interest greatly. As you will have seen in the thread, I am not the only one keen on trying out this soap. A common theme in the thread however, is Droyt's somewhat high postage charge of £5.95 which is excessive for a single bar of soap. To counter this, I am sure members would be much happier to try the shaving soap by purchasing it from yourselves with much a lower delivery cost. Needless to say this would open up the rest of your procuct range to our members and the possibility of cross-sales. I myself am about to purchase some of Droyt's Original unscented transparent soap from you.

I look forward to your repsonse and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Kind regards,
Graeme M Fraser

Great stuff. I may consider some when I get below forty soaps and creams.
I would suggest, Gairdner, that you edit out your email address in the post above or you may get a lot of spam emails from 'bots' which will pick it out automatically while searching the web.

I need to order some bath soap, and I was wanting to try some various kinds - they stock what I'm after, so if they were to carry the shaving soap I'd buy that and the rest of the soap from them.

Did anyone get some? Those who emailed Droyt, did you hear back? Anyone got anything to report?

Cheers.

Great stuff, Norky. Cheers. I'd order some but SWMBO half-killed me for my latest little cache. :angel:

Well i read a thread on here so took the plunge,i sit here with a bar of Droyt's in my hand,allso got a 3 bar luxury set of
Mitchell's Fine English soap's.ordered the wrong stuff,meant to order the MWF shaving soap,doh,teach me to order late at night whilst in a coma,
smell's ok,have'nt tried it out yet,the Droyt's transparent glycerine,no smell through the sealed packing,may give her a whirl pre shave today,depending on time,(well if the postie deliver's my new toy's early).oki doki..
Ian.
ps.quick delivery and well packed,spot on service.

I note the Carbolic Soap Company now stocks Droyt Shaving Soap. I will certainly be ordering a bar or two of this with any Christmas money that I may be lucky enough to receive as I think this is excellent value for money for an English hand finished glycerine based shaving soap. Hoping for great things. :D

Buy British! :D

Well, I's got me a bar in my mitts so I'll give it a run out tomorrow and post how I got on.

JohnnyO said:
Few more admirable traits than the willingness to take one for the Tttttttteam !!!

JohnnyO. \:angel:

Did you see his current avatar? Sheeesh, I'm embarrassed to say I even know who that crazy uke playing foreigner is! Graeme is a bad influence on me.

Au contráire, Marvolo. 'Tis you who are the bad influence. So many frags, so many choices, so much effort, not to mention the blood, sweat and tears but alas, I cannot yet break free from the vintage Shulton Old Spice Monkey you have foisted upon me.

Just for you, my good sir. And to prove you've watched it, I expect a reply with the answer as to how much the black pudding costs. ;)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PllyMQ9lXlc[/video]

Back
Top Bottom