Droyt Shaving Soap - Made in England

G

Gairdner

Anybody tried this?

10-1-250x250-1-shaving-soap.jpg

Made in Lancashire and a glycerin shaving soap which at £2.50 for 125g seems great value if its good stuff.

Link to the manufacturer's site: Droyt Shaving Soap

I also found this link: Straight Razor Place

Be grand to know what folks on here think!

I got the following response from Droyt today:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear David

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to contact us. We don't have any outlets nearby unfortunately, but you are welcome to call in to the factory next time you are passing Chorley. We don't have a shop as such but if you would like to let us know you are coming we can make sure there is a bar reception for you. The shaving soaps are priced at £2.50 each.

Best regards

Alistair McCracken
Sales Director
Email: alistair@droyt.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rest assured I will be paying a visit next time I am in Chorley.

Also had a reply from them stating they were going to check the forum out after they had thought of an introductory offer for the members here.

I'm have emailed the Carbolic Soap Company who keep a good stock of Droyt's bar soaps but not their shaving soap to ask if they would consider stocking it. I've mentioned the forum and included a link to this thread; after all they do stock MWF and at a good price for the refill. Their postage is a little more reasonable than Droyt's.

I'll post here if and when I get a reply.

Gairdner said:

A little anecdote about that company: Maybe 5-6 years ago, they had the best price by far on the MWF/ceramic bowl combo. Even with shipping to Chicago, i think the total was only $35 or so. That was a great deal, since back then every US vendor was selling em for $50-60.

Ok......that's it.

Back
Top Bottom