DR Harris Rose Cream

OK,

A friendly forum member took pity on me and sent me a sample of DR Harris Rose while I was waiting for the online shops to get stock; so I got a shave or two in before I received my tub. Having used it a couple of times now I would say that the DR Harris Rose cream it is a very nice scent, it is not too sweet and not too strong. I did not get any reaction to the cream as I have with other Rose soaps; I do like Rose soaps and creams scent wise this is as good as any out there.

If you stuck a clothes peg on your nose you would not know if you are using DR Harris Rose or DR Harris Lavender so it has taken on all the usual great properties of DR Harris products and not been negatively affected by any slight recipe changes. Performance wise it is more of the same with a different scent.

The only slight difference I could see between them is that the Rose felt slightly thicker than the other DR Harris creams I have tried, not enough to affect the shave or the mixture but I am scraping the bottom of the barrel here trying to find any differences apart from the scent.

I can see a slightly pink haze on the very tips of the brush I used and I know I rinsed I it thoroughly, however it looks like one or two uses with a different soap will take the tinge away, I do find this slightly disappointing but it won’t stop me using it. You would not notice this on a dark haired brush but I deliberately picked a lighter one to test it and I can see it. I thought it was just me but it was confirmed by SWMBO without me telling her what to look for.

Would I buy more? Right now I don’t know, it is a really good soap; in terms of performance it is one of the best Rose soaps I have tried but I still have more Rose soaps to try so when this runs out I will buy another different one.

Does that help?

Audiolab said:
OK,

A friendly forum member took pity on me and sent me a sample of DR Harris Rose while I was waiting for the online shops to get stock; so I got a shave or two in before I received my tub. Having used it a couple of times now I would say that the DR Harris Rose cream it is a very nice scent, it is not too sweet and not too strong. I did not get any reaction to the cream as I have with other Rose soaps; I do like Rose soaps and creams scent wise this is as good as any out there.

If you stuck a clothes peg on your nose you would not know if you are using DR Harris Rose or DR Harris Lavender so it has taken on all the usual great properties of DR Harris products and not been negatively affected by any slight recipe changes. Performance wise it is more of the same with a different scent.

The only slight difference I could see between them is that the Rose felt slightly thicker than the other DR Harris creams I have tried, not enough to affect the shave or the mixture but I am scraping the bottom of the barrel here trying to find any differences apart from the scent.

I can see a slightly pink haze on the very tips of the brush I used and I know I rinsed I it thoroughly, however it looks like one or two uses with a different soap will take the tinge away, I do find this slightly disappointing but it won’t stop me using it. You would not notice this on a dark haired brush but I deliberately picked a lighter one to test it and I can see it. I thought it was just me but it was confirmed by SWMBO without me telling her what to look for.

Would I buy more? Right now I don’t know, it is a really good soap; in terms of performance it is one of the best Rose soaps I have tried but I still have more Rose soaps to try so when this runs out I will buy another different one.

Does that help?

That review is...

billted05copy.jpg

I used it again today, finally got the mix just right. Nice clean shave although I had a little irritation but I think that was me being a little over eager. No doubt it is a good cream, a nice change from other scents.

Once this runs out I an going for a cake of Trumpers Rose (the hard soap), but that will be a while yet...

Hmmm too tired I think these days
Saw the first page of this thread (only) and PMed a couple of people just now, then noticed these first posts were from Feb '10 and that the thread has 5-6 pgs now... :|

Back
Top Bottom