DR Harris Rose Cream

Indeed Fido, if ever we needed a forehead slap smilie now would be the time.

By all accounts it is very good cream and performance is where it really counts for me, however just from looking at the picture you posted it looks almost plastic.

Still it won't stop me giving it a bash.

RB

I don't have the Trumpers Rose cream. I'll need to do an extended trial to make a fair comparison between T&H and DRH. I'm sure the difference will be marginal. They are obviously both very fine creams.

I suppose that’s what they call sods law; I have the Trumpers rose but haven’t tried the T&H. :roll:

What better reason to get them both...Thanks Fido :lol:

I think if you look at the ingredient list of the DRH cream you may find that Fry's Turkish Delight is number one on the list.

DRH Rose full of eastern promise.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAY_o36paQ0[/video]

Made a trip in the pouring rain to Mayfair today to purchase a few shaving related items and boy was it worth it!

Went to D.R. Harris first and bought a tub of the Rose cream (they told me I was the first person to buy the cream since it went on sale to the public). I've never tried any of the Harris creams and so sniffed all the tubs - wonderful scents. Looking forward to using the Rose tomorrow. I like the authentic scent and much prefer this to others which can be a cologne/perfume smell.

For those who want to know the ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Parfum, Rosa rubginosa (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, CI 17200 (D & C Red 33), CI 16035 (FC&C Red 40), Citronellol, Geraniol, Cinnamyl alcohol

Also popped into Trumper on Curzon street. Got a sandalwood cream and after asking they generously threw in samples of Limes, Almond and Coconut creams and Wellington, GFT, Eucris and Marlborough (already in love with this one!) colognes all in a smart branded cotton drawstring bag. A nice touch.

I think I could get used to this shaving malarkey :lol:

Seems DRH like to over do it when it comes to colouring their creams, nonetheless I have always liked them...I haven't tried Rose scented anything so I might give this one a whirl.

Bugger it Resistance is futile and all that, I can’t wait any more and reading about everyone else that have already got it has brought me out in a cold sweet and a hard to ignore voice in the back of my head, or is it on my shoulder or.... yes I hear you....shut up I’m going up to get it in the morning.....no...No I can’t go now I can’t get a child minder....no that constitutes child neglect.....oh why is it so compulsive.... :twisted:

Used the cream this morning for the first time and i'm very impressed. This is the first DR Harris cream, indeed product, I've used and it's obvious to me it's very high quality. I swirled my brush on the top only for a couple of seconds and the resultant lather was thick, slick and plentiful for 4 passes (I probably swirled too much). I face lathered, which was incredibly easy, and the sweet rose scent is delightful and definitely not feminine I think. Would be great if then complemented with a rose scented ASB.

Negative points - Hardly any. It's the first rose cream I've tried so can't compare to others. Is the colour too bright? I think so, but if this has no adverse effects on my skin then I don't care. Maybe a bit on the pricey side, but you pay for quality and if it's good enough for HRH Charlie boy then it's good enough for me!

I've only been DE shaving for 6 months and have tried only a handful of products but this is now in my top 3 creams along with CF Lime and TOBS Jermyn Street.

Also, I was told that the Rose cream is a reissue and was around about 10 years ago. Anybody used the old version?

I have been reliably informed that my DRH Rose has arrived :) First outing tonight before the pub.

Back
Top Bottom