Clip razors/ clippers really worse than shaving with straight or double ?

I think you should have turned left at the last roundabout my friend, as you are seriously lost.

I really don't understand the hostile replies. We are talking about shaving, not about politics & religion.

I was trying to create a comparsion PRO-CONTRA between electric razors ( clippers ) & wet razors ( double edge, straight razors ). I am not here to find trouble or people trolling me.

I like wet shaving, but I discovered clippers and feel like it makes much more sense when it comes to saving time, economical reasons & use.
All I am saying is that you get more out of a clipper than of any wet razor....

As 'Chris.hale' already mentioned, he shaves to remove the stubbles, of course wet shaver are good for that purpose, even if there are trimmers that could to the same job. However, everyone has different reasons. At the end of the day, we are just talking about shaving and a beard, that's all. I think I am not marked to burn in hell just for using a clipper to shorten my beard, this is not a crime, and I don't like it if people totally overreact just because some men can easily deal with having some beard. Don't make a bigger issue out of it than it actually is...

I really don't understand the hostile replies. We are talking about shaving, not about politics & religion.

I was trying to create a comparsion PRO-CONTRA between electric razors ( clippers ) & wet razors ( double edge, straight razors ). I am not here to find trouble or people trolling me.

I like wet shaving, but I discovered clippers and feel like it makes much more sense when it comes to saving time, economical reasons & use.
All I am saying is that you get more out of a clipper than of any wet razor....

As 'Chris.hale' already mentioned, he shaves to remove the stubbles, of course wet shaver are good for that purpose, even if there are trimmers that could to the same job. However, everyone has different reasons. At the end of the day, we are just talking about shaving and a beard, that's all. I think I am not marked to burn in hell just for using a clipper to shorten my beard, this is not a crime, and I don't like it if people totally overreact just because some men can easily deal with having some beard. Don't make a bigger issue out of it than it actually is...
Clippers are fine for Beard Reduction, both my sons do so , and they use a cart around edges. Wet shaving using DE/SE/ INJ or Cart razor is for those who like ,or have to be clean shaven. Using clippers to trim your beard is sensible , but it is not " Shaving ".

Feel assured no one is trolling you , but you cannot compare the two actions of " beard trimming" & " Shaving".

I used to use clippers (end on and set to zero) to "shave" with before I learned to shave properly and yeah they're certainly quick and quite efficient but it is a soul-less miserable experience not too far removed from shearing sheep.

I may be mistaken but I suspect the OP hasn't thoroughly mastered the wet shave because he's "tried everything", feels it's better for the skin and reduced the whole process to a time and money experience and if that works for him fine. However the principle reason we persevere is that the skills have been practiced and learned but ultimately we do it because of how it makes us feel and for that there really is no substitute.

Last edited:
I'm still not sure if we are talking about clippers or electric shavers here? I have clippers which I use to clip hair and my son has an electric shaver which he pretends to shave with - badly I might add, very badly.

But you can't tell 'em - they just won't listen.

A clipper is a type of electric shaver.

So I call it shaving and not trimming.

If it would be trimming, it would be called " Electric trimmer " and not electric shaver.

There is something called " beard trimmer " these are very similar to clippers. If you ask me, a normal clipper does quite the same job, no need to have an extra beard trimmer. The only difference is that you call it trimming and using the other item call it shaving.

Trimming is when you keep your beard and just cut it down a little bit, to make it look more clean. Shaving is if you cut your hair down pretty much, like using a CLIPPER or a Double-edge razor.

So, semantics aside, if it works for you, great :) That's the point of trying all and sundry to find what works best for you. You're definitely in a minority on this (and probably the vast majority) forum that is dedicated to wet shaving, but don't let that stop you enjoying what the site has to offer...who knows, you might pick up some tips and ideas on new products to try and fall truly, madly, deeply in love with the joys of traditional wet shaving :)

Personally, when I was using an electric trimmer/shaver/clipper/lawnmower/combine harvester on my boat race, it was slower and gave huge amounts of irritation. I moved on and found a solution that was better for me. Might be slower to some, but it's certainly a ritual I enjoy every morning.

Back
Top Bottom