Clip razors/ clippers really worse than shaving with straight or double ?

fkkn3_zpshegms6lr.png

This ought to be a mandatory post anytime someone starts yammering away about the 'superiority' of electric razors.

Above are a pair of photos taken with an electron microscope.

The hair on the left was cut with a razor blade. The hair on the right was 'cut' (I use the term loosely) by an electric razor.

Now this thread has taken on a life after Lempickle, (nearly wet myself when I first read that).

A short story from last night.
My son is a beardie, has been for a long time due to his dislike of his jawline, vanity is a wonderful thing, he dropped in last night and mentions that his clippers had bitten the dust, so as dads do I said take the ones I use to shave my head, I'll pick up a new one this morning.
An hour later I remember that I had planned to do my head before going out this morning, so I thought next best option was to dig out an electric razor I've had for a couple of years and only used twice, it might take a while, but it was a one off.
Well, Shit Ideas don't come much shitter to be honest, because after 15mins all I had were 3 very embarrassing bald patches, so I had to make a decision, leave the house today looking like a man with serious mental issues,or DE my head for the first time ever.
Ikon OC, Palmolive stick, bowl of hot water and away we go, cutting this short, completely bald "very shiny" head and a real sense of pride, 2 small nicks, I am old and a little bumpy, but a really pleasurable experience, will I do it regularly? Probably not, but once in a while? For sure.

DE eats clippers in every single department.

I stopped using clippers for my head some years ago and moved onto the razor. There was a period of adjustment and early attempt left me looking like I'd lost a fight with a cat, but I soon got the hang of it and found it to be easier. Moving from cartridge to DE went considerably more smoothly.

I stopped using clippers for my head some years ago and moved onto the razor. There was a period of adjustment and early attempt left me looking like I'd lost a fight with a cat, but I soon got the hang of it and found it to be easier. Moving from cartridge to DE went considerably more smoothly.
In all honesty after having it this short for the morning, I don't like the feel of just skin on my head, I do prefer it clipped with a 0.5mm of softness, so this will be a rarity for me.

fkkn3_zpshegms6lr.png

This ought to be a mandatory post anytime someone starts yammering away about the 'superiority' of electric razors.

Above are a pair of photos taken with an electron microscope.

The hair on the left was cut with a razor blade. The hair on the right was 'cut' (I use the term loosely) by an electric razor.

I know there's been a thread running on another forum, where different blades have been run through the S.E.M. but further to this picture, I'd love to see scans of hairs cut with three levels of DE and SE blades, especially Feathers.

That is a picture of one hair out of about a squillion. Hardly fair to extrapolate that to a whole face, Shirley?
Exactly - I think it's just a carrot with black background - it's amazing how photos can be manipulated.

Talking of which, did anyone watch the programme about snooker in the 1980's? How on earth did they manage to get the actors potting balls like pros? I'm sure it was not real but don't have a clue how they did it.

Exactly - I think it's just a carrot with black background - it's amazing how photos can be manipulated.

Talking of which, did anyone watch the programme about snooker in the 1980's? How on earth did they manage to get the actors potting balls like pros? I'm sure it was not real but don't have a clue how they did it.

Big Break, with John Virgo?

Big Break, with John Virgo?
No - there was a TV film on in the last week or so portraying Alex Higgins, Steve Davies, Barry Hearn and the whole Matchroom thing - the actors were very convincing especially Higgins and Davies - but the best part was that they actually appeared to be sinking great shots. Really good effects - at least I assume it was effects.

Back
Top Bottom