Chinese eBay shaving brushes

Good luck to anyone trying to organise a group buy! Designing and making a brush by committee is probably one of life's great challenges. There are so many individual preferences.

I have ordered a Frank Shaving brush to include in my blog. Just a couple of points. Brushes with lofts of between 55mm to 60mm are very popular in the Far East and produced in vast numbers using moulded handles. That's why they are so cheap. They really are best suited to lathering in a bowl and painting it on. Once you use a brush like that it really doesn't matter if you use a basic cheap pure badger or a rare high mountain white. Remember too that silvertip comes in different grades. The best quality silvertip is resorted to remove twisted and shorter hairs. Another factor which affects prices.

I might give my £5 Body Shop brush a run out today.

Are they really, truly, honestly lightweight though Bruce ? Are they ? ARE THEY ??? Or, are you just passing a generalised opinion without having tried one out ? I believe we should be told.

JohnnyO. ;)

yeas but guys, if you can't whip up a lather with a Chinese brush, it's not the brush, it's your Technique

If you have Technique issues, then why don't you attach a Frank Shave Brush head to Mani's Invention that we were shown a while back and voila....... ;) ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v67LeztGq48[/youtube]

I've just received my Frank Finest Butterscotch....actually initial impressions are that it's really not tooo bad and may well even be worth £12 or so.

BruceOnSaving said:
Chinese shaving brushes are brilliant and economical. I find that they don't always whip up a lather, but it doesn't really matter as they are so cheap!

This sounds like the old classic - Buy cheap, buy twice.

antdad said:
I've just received my Frank Finest Butterscotch....actually initial impressions are that it's really not tooo bad and may well even be worth £12 or so.

Its a good brush mate, a bit floppy, but a good brush.....one thing i thank bruce for bringing to my attention.

He's reached St Ives!

Frank.jpg

Back
Top Bottom