ARKO Soap Blistered My Face

the night you posted this originally I had just taken a shower with arko. SOME reason, I ended up with a full body itch. And realized it was a scent issue at least with arko.

Arko is an easy to lather soap, but even if a piece of dog turd lathered well, would we shave with it?

How much does the dog turd cost, and is it nicely packaged and difficult to source ?

JohnnyO. o/

Might be worth saying here that Arko is a good soap and excellent value for money.

It's not an "excellent" value for money. Just because one stick is low priced does not mean that it's such a great value. Made the Saponificio Varesino - Arko comparison in my previous post, and I don't see any reason why someone would pick the Arko, as they are ending up paying the same value per shave, but using a top-notch performer. Even DR Harris, it's probably at the same price value as Arko or just slightly more expensive. Tabac is, most likely, cheaper than Arko.
Creams are most expensive. A $2 tube of cream is cheap when you buy it, but it offers a high price per shave.

If you truly want good value, check out those 1kg bricks from Cella or Tcheon Fung Sing. Those are offering a good price per shave. A kilo of Tcheon Fung Sing is around 12 euros. Try getting 14 Arko sticks at that price. For me, it seems pretty extreme. I would never go through 1 kg of soap and I would get bored with the same scent. But again, if I would have a barbershop...

I probably have 50 shaves on my tub of cella so far, and I MIGHT have used a half table spoon of soap. That's CHEAP per shave. BUT HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT.

A lot of people in this shaving world of ours, are under the impression based upon the talking heads and the more "popular" in the shave video/forum world, that if you don't use arko, your sub human trash. Others will put you under the impression that if you don't spend 1,000 for 5 badger brushes or 50$ for a single tub of soap that you are less then sub human trash.

When I admitted I couldn't lather Cella worth a crap, but could get perfect lather from Williams and Erasmic, I was made to feel like crap because I couldn't "do something that simple".
A lot of products are talked about and given great reviews and fan clubs on shaving sites, and cough "independent shave review sites" cough that if you don't chime in and use the product, or at least say you use and like the products, your on the fast track to banishment.

Never been much of an Arko fan myself. Find it extremely drying on the skin and the scent is about as grim as a four hour directors cut of Midnight Express.

Never been much of an Arko fan myself. Find it extremely drying on the skin and the scent is about as grim as a four hour directors cut of Midnight Express.

Oh Sugar ! What an image to plant in an old duffer's ever fertile imagination. Please don 't anyone tell me there truly is such a nightmare out there. I'll have to watch Thunder Road again this afternoon just to regain the will to live.

JohnnyO. o/

DSC_0365_zpsl3ms4c0b.jpg

My Brother @Dave-the-rave Kindly Sent Me Up Some of this Infamous ARKO to Try..I Gave it a Go Yesterday for the 1st Time..I Faced Lathered as Usual & During My 1st Pass with My 7/8th SR I Wasn't Over Impressed with the Cushion & Glide Compared to Other Great Tallow Soaps that I have..o_O

I Was Thinking it was 2nd a Rate Soap when I Felt it Burning My Whole Face to Hell & Back..That Included My Neck..I Knew what the Culprit Was & Rinsed Off the Soap as Quick as I Could..;)

I Completed My 2nd Pass with My Trusty VITOS Tallow Soap & the Cushion & Glide was the Usual High Standard..That's More Like it I Thought..The Damage had been Done with the ARKO Though..My Shave was Ruined by this what Instantly Feels to Me as a Highly Bleached Product to Get it Whiter than White..:mad:

That's Not the End of it..A Couple of Hours Later My Whole Face & Neck were Very Sore Like I had been Burned with a Blow Torch..My Cheeks Blistered & Were Full of Water..There Were Water Blisters Around My Chin Area..I Went to My Bed in a Bit of a Sorry State Thanks to MR ARKO the Whiter than White..The Urinal Cake Comparison is probably the most Apt to Describe the Scent Like a Chemical Toilet Cleaning Product..:eek:

But, Anyways, ARKO is Mostly a Popular Soap Despite its Scent & Boasts a Huge Amount of Followers..No Disputing that..Then Again..So Does Emmerdale Farm on the Box So There We have it..;)

My Face is Still Irritated, Sore & Very Dry Today Thanks to MR ARKO the Soap that Smells like a Toilet Cleaning Product & that's Where its Going at the End of the Day for Me..:D

Billy
Thanks for the info, I think it would have done the same to my face.

... that gives me an itching red skin.

Same with Proraso Green and White ... no matter how often you repeat that they are good soaps, it's just not true for me.
Same for me, a while back I tried proraso green and the result was the worst shave ever for me, lots of irritation, razor bumps resulted. took a few days to calm down yet I think their protective aftershave balm is marvellous!

There's a lot of confusion here between

1. "This soap is deadly to all forms of life".
and
2. "I have an unfortunate allergy to one or more of this soap's ingredients".

I use Arko from time to time. It's not my favourite scent but nor does it repel me. FOR ME, it is adequately protective, adequately slick and tolerable in scent. Therefore, FOR ME, it represent excellent value at less the £1.00 per 75g.

That's all I'm trying to convey.

Back
Top Bottom