ARKO Soap Blistered My Face

Sorry to hear about your reaction Billy - but oh'man that's the best description of the stuff I've heard before. ;)
images

Arko Rat Shit..:D:D

Billy

@OP - You should try something better, like Williams.

Also this soap is used in %99.9 of the Turkish barbers

That does not say anything. Shaving foam in a can is probably used by 80% of the shaving men.
Turkish barbers are using this soap simply because it's a cost-effective, widely available product. Regular barbershops are not so picky about the quality of their products. They usually get the cheapest products that get the job done.

I find Arko as being very overrated. The protection and glide are simply not there. I honestly think that people should stop kidding themselves in using subpar products simply because they are cheap. Most of the times, it's simply not worth it. You can find better products, even if you end up paying 2 or 3 euros more on a puck of soap that will give you 100 good shaves. The economic reasoning it's simply not too strong, as the price per shave is simply not so big anyway.

As a quick comparison, I can get a puck of Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica for about 14 euros. Arko is about 3 euros. SV is 150g of hard, triple-milled soap that will last for more shaves than two Arko sticks, as they are softer. I would probably make and 2 euros economy for as many shaves that I can get from SV soap if I would go ahead and replace it with Arko sticks. But the quality difference... It's simply no comparison in terms of leather, scent, whatever. The comparison is just educated guess. In reality, SV might end up being cheaper than Arko.

I was on this money saving path when I started wet shaving until I realized that it simply does not worth it. If I would open up a barbershop, I would probably use the cheapest products available, as those 2 euros matter for profits. But as someone that do this as a hobby, I can't really see the logic in it.

Not saying that there aren't people that are truly enjoying Arko. I believe they are. But I think that a big part of people that are happy with it, are thinking that it's good for the money, or they didn't try anything better yet.

DSC_0369_zpsz50soy6s.jpg

After My Recent Experience with Mr ARKO I Just had to Do this Out of Curiosity..I Cleaned My Toilet with MR ARKO & Look at the Result..My Bath & Sink Look the Exact Same..Whiter than White & as White as MR ARKO Himself..o_O

This Stuff Acts as an Abrasive Cleaner because it Sorta Has a Powdery Feeling Once it Breaks Down Like a Cleaning Product such as Jiff..I Can Say this..Mr ARKO is Darn Near as Efficient as Jiff for Cleaning the Toilet, Bath & Sink..I was Astounded at How Well it Worked..Might Even be Better than a Product like Jiff..:oops:

It Actually Smells Like a Cleaning Product & When I was Using it I Could Smell a High Bleach Content that I Would Expect from Some Toilet & Bathroom Cleaners..I Could Feel an Abrasive Like Paste that I Would Not Associate with a Shaving Soap..:eek:

There We Have it..You Have to Try Mr ARKO as a Bathroom Cleaner..The Proof is in the Pudding So to Speak..;)

You Wont be Disappointed that's For Sure..:D

Billy

I actually like the smell of it. :D
I'm using it to break in my brushes, but I might give this toilet cleaner approach a try too. I wonder if I can get really crazy with it, like breaking it down, making it watery, then using it as a dishwasher detergent to clean my razors. That would be badass. I would clean that shaving soap residue with some more shaving soap.

I actually like the smell of it. :D
I'm using it to break in my brushes, but I might give this toilet cleaner approach a try too. I wonder if I can get really crazy with it, like breaking it down, making it watery, then using it as a dishwasher detergent to clean my razors. That would be badass. I would clean that shaving soap residue with some more shaving soap.
Well..That's the Interesting thing Now You Mention It..It Leaves No Residue Behind because its Such a Potent Cleaner in its Own Right..:)

Billy

DSC_0369_zpsz50soy6s.jpg

After My Recent Experience with Mr ARKO I Just had to Do this Out of Curiosity..I Cleaned My Toilet with MR ARKO & Look at the Result..My Bath & Sink Look the Exact Same..Whiter than White & as White as MR ARKO Himself..o_O

This Stuff Acts as an Abrasive Cleaner because it Sorta Has a Powdery Feeling Once it Breaks Down Like a Cleaning Product such as Jiff..I Can Say this..Mr ARKO is Darn Near as Efficient as Jiff for Cleaning the Toilet, Bath & Sink..I was Astounded at How Well it Worked..Might Even be Better than a Product like Jiff..:oops:

It Actually Smells Like a Cleaning Product & When I was Using it I Could Smell a High Bleach Content that I Would Expect from Some Toilet & Bathroom Cleaners..I Could Feel an Abrasive Like Paste that I Would Not Associate with a Shaving Soap..:eek:

There We Have it..You Have to Try Mr ARKO as a Bathroom Cleaner..The Proof is in the Pudding So to Speak..;)

You Wont be Disappointed that's For Sure..:D

Billy
Will you be sending it back to your brother, or will you keep hold of it in order have shiny porcelain fixtures and fittings? :D

the night you posted this originally I had just taken a shower with arko. SOME reason, I ended up with a full body itch. And realized it was a scent issue at least with arko.

Arko is an easy to lather soap, but even if a piece of dog turd lathered well, would we shave with it?

Might be worth saying here that Arko is a good soap and excellent value for money. Just 'cos some folk are sensitive to (probably) citronella doesn't mean that YOU are. A much more valid reason for avoiding it, unless you ARE sensitive, is that to many it simply does not have a pleasant scent. If you're not sensitive you'll get a decent shave.

Back
Top Bottom