ARKO Soap Blistered My Face

DSC_0365_zpsl3ms4c0b.jpg

My Brother @Dave-the-rave Kindly Sent Me Up Some of this Infamous ARKO to Try..I Gave it a Go Yesterday for the 1st Time..I Faced Lathered as Usual & During My 1st Pass with My 7/8th SR I Wasn't Over Impressed with the Cushion & Glide Compared to Other Great Tallow Soaps that I have..o_O

I Was Thinking it was 2nd a Rate Soap when I Felt it Burning My Whole Face to Hell & Back..That Included My Neck..I Knew what the Culprit Was & Rinsed Off the Soap as Quick as I Could..;)

I Completed My 2nd Pass with My Trusty VITOS Tallow Soap & the Cushion & Glide was the Usual High Standard..That's More Like it I Thought..The Damage had been Done with the ARKO Though..My Shave was Ruined by this what Instantly Feels to Me as a Highly Bleached Product to Get it Whiter than White..:mad:

That's Not the End of it..A Couple of Hours Later My Whole Face & Neck were Very Sore Like I had been Burned with a Blow Torch..My Cheeks Blistered & Were Full of Water..There Were Water Blisters Around My Chin Area..I Went to My Bed in a Bit of a Sorry State Thanks to MR ARKO the Whiter than White..The Urinal Cake Comparison is probably the most Apt to Describe the Scent Like a Chemical Toilet Cleaning Product..:eek:

But, Anyways, ARKO is Mostly a Popular Soap Despite its Scent & Boasts a Huge Amount of Followers..No Disputing that..Then Again..So Does Emmerdale Farm on the Box So There We have it..;)

My Face is Still Irritated, Sore & Very Dry Today Thanks to MR ARKO the Soap that Smells like a Toilet Cleaning Product & that's Where its Going at the End of the Day for Me..:D

Billy

Last edited:
DSC_0365_zpsl3ms4c0b.jpg

My Brother @Dave-the-rave Kindly Sent Me Up Some of this Infamous ARKO to Try..I Gave it a Go Yesterday for the 1st Time..I Faced Lathered as Usual & During My 1st Pass with My 7/8th SR I Wasn't Over Impressed with the Cushion & Glide Compared to Other Great Tallow Soaps that I have..o_O

I Was Thinking it was 2nd a Rate Soap when I Felt it Burning My Whole Face to Hell & Back..That Included My Neck..I Knew what the Culprit Was & Rinsed Off the Soap as Quick as I Could..;)

I Completed My 2nd Pass with My Trusty VITOS Tallow Soap & the Cushion & Glide was the Usual High Standard..That's More Like it I Thought..The Damage had been Done with the ARKO Though..My Shave was Ruined by this what Instantly Feels to Me as a Highly Bleached Product to Get it Whiter than White..:mad:

That's Not the End of it..A Couple of Hours Later My Whole Face & Neck were Very Sore Like I had been Burned with a Blow Torch..My Cheeks Blistered & Were Full of Water..There Were Water Blisters Around My Chin Area..I Went to My Bed in a Bit of a Sorry State Thanks to MR ARKO the Whiter than White..The Urinal Cake Comparison is probably the most Apt to Describe the Scent Like a Chemical Toilet Cleaning Product..:eek:

But, Anyways, ARKO is Mostly a Popular Soap Despite its Scent & Boasts a Huge Amount of Followers..No Disputing that..Then Again..So Does Emmerdale Farm on the Box So There We have it..;)

My Face is Still Irritated, Sore & Very Dry Today Thanks to MR ARKO the Soap that Smells like a Toilet Cleaning Product & that's Where its Going at the End of the Day for Me..:D

Billy
Best place for it, down the shitter! Hope you heal up soon.

Unlucky Billy sounds like an allergic reaction to me.. *** Disclaimer I have no clue about dermatological stuff***

I've never had any blistering from soap but La Toja stick gave me rash and burning..but I look like Freddie Kruger anyway so am not even bozzed.

Get back to some good soaps that you enjoy! Speedy recovery from the blisteridge..

I have a tub of arko and use it on occasion. Never had any problem with it. Not the best stuff in the world but it's ok for the price. Obviously doesn't agree with everyone tho. Another prime example of YMMV.

I love the stuff. Best bang for your money in the shave world IMO. However, many dislike the smell. It never bothered me, but to some it does I read. It's some of the easiest lathering soap extant as well.

FB, with your know allergies you should avoid anything scented it appears.

I never had any problems with arko and I been using it for years and this is the first time I've heard that someone had a bad reaction to this soap. My skin is quite tolerant I guess and I can't remember having issues with soap/cream and lotions apart from Tobs Jermyn street(supposed to be for sensitive skin, the one in the black tub)
I hope you get better soon @Fergiebilly
Also this soap is used in %99.9 of the Turkish barbers

just because the turks like it, doesn't make it better then anything they don't use.
It can cause an odd sensation after a shave.One reason im not fond of it other then the lack of glide.

Back
Top Bottom