Acquisitions wc Mon 21st June - Sun 27th June incl.

Damian Murphy said:
:lol: :lol:
I always enjoy your posts Urban Hermit.

JohnnyO said:
Gosh, UHermit does always brighten up my day ! Nice one M8.

JohnnyO.

Cheers, chaps.

sunburyboy93 said:
hunnymonster said:
AJP said:
Boots Bay Rum AS.

Are you sure that's not "hair tonic"?

From the ingredients list, doesn't it do the same thing as aftershave.....? :?

As far as my experience goes, it does work pretty much the same. I've used it as an AS, sometimes slightly diluted in the palm of one hand before frictionising it and slapping it onto my shaven face, then I rub my hands through my hair, & massage my scalp, so I get double the use, and at least one of the methods used will be the correct one!
  • ... woo

oh! and for what it's worth: I personally get more burn from Old Spice Fresh Lime than from Boots' Bay Rum hair tonic as AS.[/list:u]

Acquired Today:
    • Menthol crystals from Lloyds' Chemists across the road (basically) = £1.55.
      • Apparently, one can add a few of the crystals to ASs to get an added 'MentholCool kick'. The same 'one' (or supposedly another 'one') could also add them to ASBs, or shave creams, and such, but shouldn't do it directly - the consensus seems to be that the crystals should first be dissolved in a bit of heated alcohol.
        • No specified type of alcohol was mentioned, that I can remember, but they probably mean isopropyl I would guess; confirmation (of the type and ratio of alcohol) by some'one' in the know, would be appreciated.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

A Simpsons Duke D2 Best badger brush (£42 from badgerandhone.com via a B&B members offer). Arrived today, just took it for a spin now and it's miles better than the only other badger I own, a Kent BLK2 Pure. Much denser and softer, with more backbone. I'm able to face lather with it, which was nigh on impossible with the BLK2 as it's that floppy. It might even rival my Semogue 830. Great price and also great service with quick delivery from Badger & Hone. Their website isn't even officially opened yet, but it's nice to have further choices of places to order from.

Also received a bottle of Barbicide from ebay. I've a fair few vintage razors that need cleaning up and sterilised before I give them a go.

My Feather Portable arrived today from Pauldog. It's tiny. The same size as my Gillette Tech that I bought from Ebay. I'll wait for a day off before I try it out.

Now looking for a small spatula to use with creams as had my first shave with Proraso this morning which was crap as didn't load the brush enough. I'm taking a leaf out of Fidos book and going to put a dollop into a bowl then lather it.

Note to Fido - stop recommending things it's costing me a fortune!!!! :lol:

simmo3801 said:
My Feather Portable arrived today from Pauldog. It's tiny. The same size as my Gillette Tech that I bought from Ebay. I'll wait for a day off before I try it out.

Now looking for a small spatula to use with creams as had my first shave with Proraso this morning which was crap as didn't load the brush enough. I'm taking a leaf out of Fidos book and going to put a dollop into a bowl then lather it.

Note to Fido - stop recommending things it's costing me a fortune!!!! :lol:

are they nice quality, as i have one coming too ?

IanM said:
KRF1963 said:
Just picked up an old leather gentleman's part travel set on Ebay for £4.99 +P&P and if I am not very much mistaken, it has a slim adjustable, an old open comb raazor and an old straight plus other bits and bobs.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140417481882&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT</a><!-- m -->

Looking forward to seeing whether I am right or not!

I'm sorry, but "Gentleman's part" made me giggle.

Yes, I know I should grow up, but it's not going to happen.

Ian

What's that Ian! are you suggesting that some of us may not qualify for the description "Gentleman" :eek: ...could only be one or two-surely :D

Re: Acquisitions - any aftersales requests?

Urban Hermit said:
iherb.com sent me a request for my rating and a review of my purchase(s) ... anyone else had one of these from them - or from any vendors?

It was specifically about a single order. I'm wondering if they send one a certain number of days after every purchase to everyone, or if they do a more random sampling.

Should anyone be interested (yeah right):

• The only thing I had ordered that date, was a 12oz bottle ofThayers' Lemon WH. It was my first purchase from them to take advantage of the $5.00 off deal to get a big bottle of the stuff for a very low price.

I actually did write a small but inane review for them. They say it can take around 5 days to show up on the site (provided the rules & guidelines are followed - no swearing/foul language abuse etc., no private details/phone numbers and such, and so on & so forth, even)[/list:u]

• My review was as follows:
      • Any fresher and it would be indecent!
          • Ba dum ching!

No, but seriously folks, after a relaxing, but close wet shave and alum rubbing, there's nothing like a final cold water rinse and Thayer's Witch Hazel applied to the newly shaved face. The Lemon Thayers' tones and tightens while refreshing the skin and invigorating the ol' olfactories.
            ... lovely stuff!

If my personal endorsement of a product was worth anything, I'd offer to do adverts for Thayers' Witch Hazel.

... and, if you suffer from dry mouth: try Thayers' "Dry Mouth" sprays and lozenges, in natural Citrus and Peppermint flavours; sugar-free, instant relief. Remember Thayers' the next time you're gagging for something!
            [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• Yep, I had one Urban!

I have recently written my review, and sent it as required. I did the same as you, but purchased the Rose petal fragrance, and very nice it is too.. :hungrig

N_Architect said:
Amouage Dia 50 ml Eau de Parfum
Terre d'Hermes 80 ml Pure Perfume

Both for US $214 onboard QR639 (SIN-DOH).

Good grief, I've just checked the prices of this stuff at Mankind. We're talking very,very serious "spondoolits" for these fragrances N_Architect !!! :shock: Still, Fido's thing is brushes, and we don't have to ask what your obsession within an obsession is... :)

Somebody help Urban Hermit for goodness sakes! He is really beginning to worry me! I keep on expecting his wife to post, saying Urban has been abulanced to hospital and is likely to be there for quite a while. ..Something about bandages everywhere, can only see his eyes etc, etc. :shock:

Sunbury

The Feather Portable is very good quality. I haven't used it yet but on looks alone it appears good value for money. It's about the same size as a Gillette Tech and comes in a nice plastic hinged box for travelling. To be honest I bought it because of the price to have another razor to try so not sure how much I'll use it. Time will tell after I've tried it. I'm currently using a Merkur 38C and I really enjoy the weight of that so the Feather might be a bit too light. We'll see.

Following my post yesterday (Shopping Links etc) about the Body Shop (Original) Shaving Cream web offer.

I immediately ordered 3 at £2.00 per 200ml; marvellous.

They arrived this morning - equally marvellous - well they didn't, three tubs of Maca Root cream arrived.

I did want to try the original but I'm not too upset. The Maca Root is advertised on the BS web site at £8.00 per 200ml tub. I don't know if they have wrongly advertised or wrongly sent but frankly I don't care. By pure coincidence I have just emptied my Maca Root supply this morning, this delivery is rather timely.

I'm quite happy really but you all need to be aware of this mix up if you really want the original.

:D

Hmm....hair tonic eh? Will have to check the bottle when i get home! :lol:

I did use it this morning as an AS, and it felt good on the face and has a nice scent, so if it does the same job...... :D

This morning my postman brought:

100 Personna blades and a pot of Connaught Spearmint shaving cream (smells amazing!)

and

180 Gillette Super Thin blades from Thailand that were only posted 8 days ago!

My collection is expanding. Really must stop buying creams..........

Back
Top Bottom