Acquisitions - September 2022

Not a review, but an interesting Tatara Muramasa foible. All the other adjustable razors I have (Gillettes Slim, Fat and Black, Rex, Pearl) adjust from Low to High by a lefthand, counter-clockwise turn of the adjuster. The Tatara does the opposite, and goes from High to Low by lefthand turn.

Note to self: must remember this for those less-than-fully-awake mornings.

AP Shave Co. 26mm G5C Synthetic Shaving Brush Semi-Transparent Yellow Handle
QXCJ1MG.png

Meandered into a local Marshall's store today (sister store to TJ Maxx) and found these goodies!! Old Spice Original liquid body soap and Old Spice Original deo/body spray. They don't make/sell these over here now and I think these were made for the Asian market. Regardless, they smell great!!
The huge bar of artisan soap is one I whiffed and was mesmerized, Patchouli Musk.

rwIS0tf.jpg

Not a review, but an interesting Tatara Muramasa foible. All the other adjustable razors I have (Gillettes Slim, Fat and Black, Rex, Pearl) adjust from Low to High by a lefthand, counter-clockwise turn of the adjuster. The Tatara does the opposite, and goes from High to Low by lefthand turn.

Note to self: must remember this for those less-than-fully-awake mornings.
If I understand correctly, my Parker variant does the same. Counterclockwise goes from aggressive to mild.

Here's something a bit different. There's a chap who owns a very small company called JJ Shaves. He's started to do replating as a hobbyist and takes orders. I corresponded with him by email and he's a lovely chap. He's given my Tech and Fatboy a.new lease of life with a tune-up and new nickel plating. The pictures don't do them justice.

Some of you will also remember my brass Stando Rod SE razor:

He's also plated that in nickel for me and polished it. Looks fantastic and is now one of a kind.

20220905_185631.jpg

20220905_185645.jpg

Back
Top Bottom