Acquisitions - September 2022

That was pointed out to me but it was way beyond my means. BIG Congratualtions !!
Thanks Dave, I really love these antique razors and will use them if possible. I’ll report back when I use this one. I’ve bought from the seller before so I know he has quality rare items, I also made a cheeky offer and we ended up with a reasonable deal for both parties. I’ll have to give my bank account a bit of a rest for a while now :eek:

Thanks Dave, I really love these antique razors and will use them if possible. I’ll report back when I use this one. I’ve bought from the seller before so I know he has quality rare items, I also made a cheeky offer and we ended up with a reasonable deal for both parties. I’ll have to give my bank account a bit of a rest for a while now :eek:
I'll look forward to your thoughts and hope you get along with it. If not maybe I'll make a Cheekier offer to you for it :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Lucky to find this Wilkinson 1903 Pall Mall roller, silver plated, and in amazing condition including wedge blades, strop and stropping tool.
Looking forward to giving it a run soon, but will use a GEM blade not hollow ground wedge as I’m still working on my honing technique. :)View attachment 93059

Absolutely! Congratulations, mate! That is a piece of history.

... but yes, not a Pall Mall ... but a Patent Roller Safety Shaver, or rather a DeLuxe Set: https://wilkinsonrazors.blogspot.com/ and Wilkinson Sword's first safety razor.

Absolutely! Congratulations, mate! That is a piece of history.

... but yes, not a Pall Mall ... but a Patent Roller Safety Shaver, or rather a DeLuxe Set: https://wilkinsonrazors.blogspot.com/ and Wilkinson Sword's first safety razor.
Thanks for putting me straight @pjgh I was just going by what is embossed inside the box lid, Wilkinson Pall Mall London, but of course that was their HQ address.

Thanks for putting me straight @pjgh I was just going by what is embossed inside the box lid, Wilkinson Pall Mall London, but of course that was their HQ address.

It was advertised as a Pall Mall, no doubt because of that. The Pall Mall (model) followed on and made use of that lovely roller guard up front. The design was also licensed out to a number of other razor makers, but none of them got the roller guard and generally just put an open comb up front. Heckels Rapide is a good example.

It was advertised as a Pall Mall, no doubt because of that. The Pall Mall (model) followed on and made use of that lovely roller guard up front. The design was also licensed out to a number of other razor makers, but none of them got the roller guard and generally just put an open comb up front. Heckels Rapide is a good example.
The roller guard pops off for cleaning, a pretty cool aesthetic design really. Very slender handle, spring wires to keep the blade from moving back and with fine blade adjustment using the blade securing screws. 100 years old, amazing.

The roller guard pops off for cleaning, a pretty cool aesthetic design really. Very slender handle, spring wires to keep the blade from moving back and with fine blade adjustment using the blade securing screws. 100 years old, amazing.

120!

Take care with the blade adjustment screws, which yes are amazing that they still turn after 120 years, as they are relatively soft metal and can deform with something like pliers to adjust. I've used a couple of pennies to trap the turning slot between and that has worked out well.

120!

Take care with the blade adjustment screws, which yes are amazing that they still turn after 120 years, as they are relatively soft metal and can deform with something like pliers to adjust. I've used a couple of pennies to trap the turning slot between and that has worked out well.
I gave the two screw threads a long soak in fine oil and they now turn easily but agree very great care is needed as they are so small there is no feel as to resistance when they are turned to tighten. I certainly won’t be adjusting them regularly!

Floid Genuine After Shave Lotion
b6mszbn.png

Back
Top Bottom