Acquisitions Mon 30th May - Sun 5th Jun.

I also have a harmonica somewhere in the house. It's also a Hohner, and also in C (which is the most popular key, I gather).

The fact that I can't use it with headphones effectively limited my efforts to learn, although I may dig it out again.

Ian

IanM said:
I also have a harmonica somewhere in the house. It's also a Hohner, and also in C (which is the most popular key, I gather).

The fact that I can't use it with headphones effectively limited my efforts to learn, although I may dig it out again.

Ian

I have 2, both Hohners, a Marine Band in C and a Blues Harp in G. Would love to play like Sonny Boy Williamson II or Little Walter, but what I have wanted to do for a long long time is pick up a guitar and play like Elmore James - not that it would happen as long as I have a hole in my arse!

Another car-boot special
£10 the lot. I think It was a good buy.

Attachments

• IMG_20110605_124915.jpg
    IMG_20110605_124915.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 47
Hiya,

Found a few items this morning at the local large flea market. One of these is a 1946 cased Milord in very nice shape. The head shows almost no signs of ever being used and the plating is extremely shiny and bright. It's rare to see a Milord in this kind of condition.

The seller started at $50, but ended up taking $25 for the set. Slimbo had asked me to look for a Milord a while back, and this one should do nicely. I'm thinking $150 would be a reasonable price to cover shipping and 'handling charges'......maybe a little low actually but I'm a swell guy.

Nothing but love,

Martin

Attachments

• cased Milord 001 (Small).jpg
    cased Milord 001 (Small).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 33
  • cased Milord 002 (Small).jpg
    cased Milord 002 (Small).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 33
  • cased Milord 004 (Small).jpg
    cased Milord 004 (Small).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 33
85fd3e85.jpg

After a very nice weekend away in York we called in at the Penhaligon's outlet store on the way back.

The result: Opus 1870, Blenheim Bouquet and Quercus EdTs (100ml), two cakes of English fern shaving soap (one for a father's day gift) and a tub of Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream. My wife restrained herself and just bought some Malabah EdP and shower gel.

joe mcclaine said:
Very nice. Did they still have the 500ml bottles of Blenheim Bouquet EDT for £50?

My wife wears Artemisia and Ellenisia. I really like Mallabah and Bluebell (enough to wear them myself . . . sometimes)

Not that I noticed Vinny. They did have everything apart from Endymion though, apparently that goes as soon as they get any in. They also didn't have any of the soaps in bowls, a good job as I would have bought one of them as well probably.

She had a spray of the Artemisia and Mallabah on each wrist and after we'd wandered around the other shops for an hour or two plumped for Mallabah, which is the one that I would have gone for.

I didn't realise there was a Penhaligons Outlet in York. My sister-in-law lives near York, that will come in handy next time I'm up that way :D

What sort of prices are you looking at there Jim?

Two 100ml EdTs for £55. You could buy one for £42 I think. The soaps were £15 each. Shaving cream £25. They had English Fern aftershave (100ml) for £30 which is half the retail price but I still thought that was a bit much for an aftershave. Lots of deals on bath soaps and shower gels etc.

Yellow Jim said:
Two 100ml EdTs for £55. You could buy one for £42 I think. The soaps were £15 each. Shaving cream £25. They had English Fern aftershave (100ml) for £30 which is half the retail price but I still thought that was a bit much for an aftershave. Lots of deals on bath soaps and shower gels etc.

Thanks Jim. Have always been interested in trying the soaps and creams, so will take a look in there next time I'm up there (which, handily, will probably be at the tail end of the year, round about my birthday and Christmas time :D ).

I've just looked on Google Street View to see where the York Outlet is. We parked there last time we were up there, and caught the park and ride into York from that outlet estate. I was there, without knowing :eek:

Yellow Jim said:

Do they do mail order or have a website?..........

N_Architect said:
It's £52 actually, but that's for 50ml. For 100ml, it's £72. :eek:

That's in their standard stores K. In the outlet shop it was £42 for 100ml. It seems a bow and a box costs an extra thirty quid.

missingskin said:
Do they do mail order or have a website?..........

They do. Flat postage fee of £7.50. The telephone number is on their website. The shop assistants were really helpful so just give them a ring.

PompeyBill said:
I've just looked on Google Street View to see where the York Outlet is. We parked there last time we were up there, and caught the park and ride into York from that outlet estate. I was there, without knowing :eek:

That's the one. It was on the way home for us, so it would have been rude not too drop in.

Yellow Jim said:
N_Architect said:
It's £52 actually, but that's for 50ml. For 100ml, it's £72. :eek:

That's in their standard stores K. In the outlet shop it was £42 for 100ml. It seems a bow and a box costs an extra thirty quid.
Correct :? I read your post too fast and thought you meant it's "...In the standard shop it was £42 for 100ml..." ;)

Back
Top Bottom