Acquisitions Mon 30th May - Sun 5th Jun.

Dr Rick said:
That Feather Portable totally fills me with want as well. Beautiful-looking thing. I'd probably cut my jowls clean off, though.

Jack Force said:
Vulfix 404 Badger/Bristle mix Brush and drip stand.

Up to now I have used mainly a Men U brush (which I started with)

I also started with the Men-U bristle and have since been using the 404 Mix (thanks Kev!). You will notice the difference on every level. (On my limited experience, the main thing to watch is you need to shake it out more before you start as it holds much more water. Works great though!) I want to get more consistent using this before stepping up to the New Forest I have on the shelf :).

Anyway, went shopping in town with a friend today. I bought grooming products and purses and she bought lego. Gender roles are for sissies.

Proceeds:
Boots styptic pencil (for the travel kit)
Bulldog face wash (wanted the AS balm IanM rates so highly, but none to be had in the Boots 3-for-2 father's day sale)
Truefitt and Hill #10 cream (in 3-for-2)
Nivea AS balm (in 3-for-2)
Body shop maca root cream (after so many people raved about it)
Body shop maca root balm
Body shop synthetic brush (if it dries easily could be a good travel option? Plus I seem to have a condition for buying things right now.)

Some stuff should be arriving in the post next week too :).

and so, it begins.... :twisted:

Ian

I have a couple of boxes of stuff sat right here that says it ain't quite a *beginning*... but yes, it certainly continues!

Ian, you are familiar with the number of books in my house (many), my guitar collection (ludicrous), and the contents of my gigging rack (ridiculous even by 80s rawk standards). Neither of us had the slightest doubt this would happen.

Dr Rick said:
I have a couple of boxes of stuff sat right here that says it ain't quite a *beginning*... but yes, it certainly continues!

Ian, you are familiar with the number of books in my house (many), my guitar collection (ludicrous), and the contents of my gigging rack (ridiculous even by 80s rawk standards). Neither of us had the slightest doubt this would happen.

Well, just to give the Ladies and Gentlemen some idea, when I first visited your house, I was convinced (from the internal view) that the whole building had been constructed using books. I think I did step backwards out of the door, just to check that there wasn't a "Waterstones" sign above it.

I have to admit, the thought of "if he likes this, he could be in real trouble" did come to mind. :lol:

Ian

IanM said:
Well, just to give the Ladies and Gentlemen some idea, when I first visited your house, I was convinced (from the internal view) that the whole building had been constructed using books

Sounds like Keel Row Books in North Shields - a large detached house where every available space to put a bookshelf in has been taken. Stacks of books next to the shelves and on every step of the stairs (both sides)... wondrous place to call in.

Two beers and a Jamaican rum and coke later................

Vulfix 404 (to replace my cheapo Wilkinson Sword boar) and a 100g jar of Nanny's Citrus Zinger,

Dear oh dear. :D

waiting on a brand new still in box 59 fatboy from the good ol usa
mint condition 64 slim adjustable ,gillette guard razor both from india
razor rock alum stick and finaly a new forrest tubby2
that should keep me out of mischief for a while

bigduncan said:
waiting on a brand new still in box 59 fatboy from the good ol usa
mint condition 64 slim adjustable ,gillette guard razor both from india
razor rock alum stick and finaly a new forrest tubby2
that should keep me out of mischief for a while

Very much doubt it will :lol:

Thanks to Max (frenchblade) I have now taken delivery of my birthdate razor, an absolutely stunning 1965 K1 Gillette super speed flair tip, damm it looks so good, I only wish I was in the same condition :D I'm gonna try it out later today. Thanks agin Max, you are a true gentleman

yea your right proudfoot
forgot about the 200 vokshod russian blades from jody on shave dens group buy
plus 300 sharks from bestshave.net
and my mothers of to egypt so loads of lord blades

Dr Rick said:
Ahem.

Box today:

1 Edwin Jagger DE89

1 Merkur HD 34C

Shiny.

Nice.

A D.R. Harris Lavender soap in a bowl arrived today from Vinny.

If I can prize it from the grip and nose of Mrs.M (she loves anything Lavender) I'll shave with it in the morning.

Ian

Hiya,

Got a message recently from an ebay seller that I'd done business with in the past. She mentioned finding four more pucks of the older Surrey which I promptly bought. Can't have too many of these in the arsenal.

Martin

Attachments

• surrey  4 pack (Small).jpg
    surrey 4 pack (Small).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 108
I've tried and given up harmonica so many times - I just cannot get the hang of bending the notes. It's a constant disappointment to me, especially since most other instruments seem to come fairly easily.

Back
Top Bottom