Acquisitions Mon 30th May - Sun 5th Jun.

An absolute shed load of blades from Urban Hermit to try (thanks John!) mainly from some malaysian nacets but there's also sputniks, lords, ascos, rubies, silver star, too many to remember!

:hungrig

oversaturn said:
Arrived today, from a trade here at the TSR (thank you very much, Proudfoot, you're a real gentlemen!):

P1040013.jpg

Oh no... Now I want one of those... :oops: :oops:

N_Architect said:
Well, points well taken.

However... :eek:

Suddenly three (considered 'lost') packages appear today:

It took a parcel 8 DAYS to get from me here in Stoke, to Dr.Rick in Manchester, which is all of 35 miles.

I was convinced that it was gone forever, and then it just turned up!!

I'm glad you got your stuff, Konstantinos :)

Ian

joe mcclaine said:
Today I received a large jar of Nanny's Patchouli soft shaving soap. If I was ever going to shave with one soap for the rest of my life . . . based purely on the smell . . . this, would be it.

You've changed, man.

Selling your pipe, shaving your 'tach, and now this! :eek:

Ian

I got two if of those Feather Razors a while back, I found them quite aggressive. Did you buy 5 HM?

Two AOS soap cakes for me today, get them before I have to get them from the US and it is always nice to go and get them rather than have to wait on mr postie bringing it, instant gratification. I really like the AOS soap, have been flipping between that, MdC and Tabac for the last few shaves, ever since I seen the bottom of my Tabac bowl I have not got a good mix from it, It is starting to break away and I find little lumps of soap in the brush. I fear I will have to bin it or take it out and redistribute it into a flat surface but how much is left it may not be worth it.

IanM said:
joe mcclaine said:
Today I received a large jar of Nanny's Patchouli soft shaving soap. If I was ever going to shave with one soap for the rest of my life . . . based purely on the smell . . . this, would be it.

You've changed, man.

Ian

I know, I don't know what has come over me.

The tache will be making a come back. I wanted to see how I'd feel without it and the last few days have convinced me. As for the soap - I just really, really like Patchouli and Nanny's (gawd bless 'er) is the only soap out there with that smell. If the tache comes back, I might have to keep the pipe.

I reckon order will be restored in Vinny's Universe in about 10 weeks.

Arrived today:

Vulfix 404 Badger/Bristle mix Brush and drip stand.

Up to now I have used mainly a Men U brush (which I started with) and the odd time a W/Sword brush. So decided I needed to take a step up but not straight to a pure badger as the coffers wont allow at the moment. This seems a value buy and has a good versatile reputation from what I've seen.

Ordered the bodger yesterday from Diamond Edge and arrived today- Superb service.

joe mcclaine said:
IanM said:
joe mcclaine said:

You've changed, man.

Ian

I know, I don't know what has come over me.

The tache will be making a come back. I wanted to see how I'd feel without it and the last few days have convinced me. As for the soap - I just really, really like Patchouli and Nanny's (gawd bless 'er) is the only soap out there with that smell. If the tache comes back, I might have to keep the pipe.

I reckon order will be restored in Vinny's Universe in about 10 weeks.

Drop me a PM with your addy Vinny, i have some spare: PETN - RDX - Binder Styrene - Butadiene - n-octyl phthalate, tributyl citrate and N-phenyl-2-naphthylamine for your sandwiches. Should help speed up attaining the balance.

That Feather Portable totally fills me with want as well. Beautiful-looking thing. I'd probably cut my jowls clean off, though.

Jack Force said:
Vulfix 404 Badger/Bristle mix Brush and drip stand.

Up to now I have used mainly a Men U brush (which I started with)

I also started with the Men-U bristle and have since been using the 404 Mix (thanks Kev!). You will notice the difference on every level. (On my limited experience, the main thing to watch is you need to shake it out more before you start as it holds much more water. Works great though!) I want to get more consistent using this before stepping up to the New Forest I have on the shelf :).

Anyway, went shopping in town with a friend today. I bought grooming products and purses and she bought lego. Gender roles are for sissies.

Proceeds:
Boots styptic pencil (for the travel kit)
Bulldog face wash (wanted the AS balm IanM rates so highly, but none to be had in the Boots 3-for-2 father's day sale)
Truefitt and Hill #10 cream (in 3-for-2)
Nivea AS balm (in 3-for-2)
Body shop maca root cream (after so many people raved about it)
Body shop maca root balm
Body shop synthetic brush (if it dries easily could be a good travel option? Plus I seem to have a condition for buying things right now.)

Some stuff should be arriving in the post next week too :).

Back
Top Bottom