Acquisitions Mon. 27th Sept. to Sun. 3rd Oct. incl.

I got an M2 Black handle SuperSpeed today in the post.. Not bad looking, though I'm no fan of plastic... ;)
(I didn't have one yet, so it's in my collection now)

DyXZ3.jpg

FB.

Today I got

MB almond and unscented from Badger and Hone, delivered the next day!

And from sunburyboy a MWF tub and a sample of AV - thanks steve.

My short loft Frank silvertip arrived today.

Having read a lot about these brushes I know that views are mixed. However, my first impressions of it are positive and I hope to try it out at some point over the weekend :)

Sputnik Teflons & Nacet Platinums arrived today ... thanks chaps, both of you.
:D

... still not received my order from Nanny's, which Sharon posted, First Class, via RM on Monday morning.

• ... the same day (if I remember right), that:[/list:u]
      • - my new Vie Long was posted from Spain
        - my Sputniks were posted fro Eastern Europe[/list:u][/list:u]
        • and the day before: [/list:u]
            • -the Nacets were posted from Scotland [/list:u]
                  • (or was it two days before the Nacets?)[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                        • I can't remember definute-ly at this point, but, those three things are all here now ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• Mr Postie, where are my soaps?!
                              • :evil: [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Urban Hermit said:
Ids said:
Urban Hermit said:
My new Vie Long 12723 horsehair/faux-badger dye-job arrived today from giftsandcare.com iin Spain. They sent it out first thing Monday in hopes that it might get out of the country before a multi-union strike occurred Tuesday/Wednesday. Valencia to Sheffield between Monday Morning and Thursday afternoon...[/list]

UH, if you don't mind me asking what did the postage cost come out as? It's giving me 9.90

Um, there's an email address in one of the shopping forums. I t says to email them and mention you are a TSR member, & give your TSR name, and ask about combining the two discounts. (Probaly Juan, will get back to you and he'll arrange a 'voucher code' for you specifically to get the 10% discount and the reduced UK/Euro shipping of 3Euros.

This 12723, a 16Eur brush, cost me a total of 17.40Eur, shipped.

Friendly and helpful, good reply times too.

Thanks UH got in contact with Juan, very helpful and I settled on the 13071.

It begins. Scant few weeks after I picked up my 'starter' kit, the following arrived double-quick from Connaught Shaving:

Proraso AS
Speick AS
Alum bars *cough*
'Popular' razor blade pack (I'm looking at the Feathers with fear, but it's safe to say that I don't need to open that packet for a while :lol: )
CS Rosewood shaving cream sampler

So thanks to everyone for your help and input on this. I guess the hunt for a decent cologne begins, though my initial 'whiffing' is liking Speick (which seems to linger a bit) and Proraso seems to be exactly what I asked you guys about and for – an AS that I could slap on without being too worried about the smell. The missus has already said she thinks it's perfect for when I shave late in the evening.

So thanks chaps (and Paul at CS for such a speedy delivery)

Guess mebbe I could start thinking about adding to the razor collection now. :p

Well, blame Fido, FB, and the rest of the gang who were talking about it lately (and my weakness to resist, of course). I simply gave in and bought it.

IMG_1195.jpg

Back
Top Bottom